Leveling lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pkuchirka

Reaction score
I'm looking for s leveling lift kit. I want a 3 inch lift in the back, and 2 inch lift in the front so now my rear will be a inch higher in the front. They will look like something in the photo. These just go on top the strut as apposed to top of coil bottom of mount.

Anyone know who sells these? I can't find 3" for the back and I have found 2" for the front but would like to order from same place. I checked rock auto, Napa, source sports, auto parts way, the monkey wrench, eBay, Amazon, and can't find the right size.

If you know where I can get these online that would be awesome. Thank youdbec66a8e54d54d297066d6493c6cc33.jpg

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used these.... 3.5" in the front, 2.5" in the rear. I've seen the ones you show in your post, but it seemed they were for shorter lifts... like 1-2". Got mine on EBay... cheaper than ReadyLift.

File_000.jpeg

Not sure I followed your install comparisons but these mount like this... on top of the shock/coil assembly.

IMG_6241.JPG

When I was looking around I don't remember seeing many, if any, spacers for the rear over 2.5". Perhaps because of how the axle comes thru the frame. The other thing is that the rear control arms are angled towards the rear a bit so as they articulate down, they move the tire closer to the wheel well. Just some things to consider.

IMG_6258.JPG

OP
OP
P

pkuchirka

Reaction score
I used these.... 3.5" in the front, 2.5" in the rear. I've seen the ones you show in your post, but it seemed they were for shorter lifts... like 1-2". Got mine on EBay... cheaper than ReadyLift.

View attachment 21410

Not sure I followed your install comparisons but these mount like this... on top of the shock/coil assembly.

View attachment 21411

When I was looking around I don't remember seeing many, if any, spacers for the rear over 2.5". Perhaps because of how the axle comes thru the frame. The other thing is that the rear control arms are angled towards the rear a bit so as they articulate down, they move the tire closer to the wheel well. Just some things to consider.

View attachment 21412
Thank you so much. I think I will do as you did. Do you know the name of them? There are many names people use and I'm really not sure.

As it sits right now the front is pretty much the same level as the back. I'd like the back have a half a each higher then the front.

I lost a little height when I put new quick struts on.. I just want to get it back lol.

Pat

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Pat.

I bought these off of eBay. Sold by Lift.Option. They have several different combinations of front vs rear heights. I looked around just now and didn't see the 3.5" front 2.5" rear that I have... perhaps they sold out. You can search eBay for "2003 Expedition Lift Kit" and it'll pop up all sorts of options including the ones you were showing in your original post.

Sounds like you just want to lift the back end back up a bit. So perhaps you can do 2.5." in the rear and 2" up front or maybe 2" in the rear and leave the front as is. All sorts of options. Weird that the quick struts leveled you out unless that's what they were intended to do.

Here's how mine sits right now... still have a little bit of a rake, which I happen to like.

DSC_7977.JPG

OP
OP
P

pkuchirka

Reaction score
Hi Pat.

I bought these off of eBay. Sold by Lift.Option. They have several different combinations of front vs rear heights. I looked around just now and didn't see the 3.5" front 2.5" rear that I have... perhaps they sold out. You can search eBay for "2003 Expedition Lift Kit" and it'll pop up all sorts of options including the ones you were showing in your original post.

Sounds like you just want to lift the back end back up a bit. So perhaps you can do 2.5." in the rear and 2" up front or maybe 2" in the rear and leave the front as is. All sorts of options. Weird that the quick struts leveled you out unless that's what they were intended to do.

Here's how mine sits right now... still have a little bit of a rake, which I happen to like.

View attachment 21413
I have been just looking on eBay as well. I also checked the level of the center bolts to top fender.

These quick struts are meant to restore ride height and ride quality to new. They are called StruTek. They are cheaper and supposed to be equal quality as Monroe. Leveling kits are made to level the front and back equal as opposed to having it higher in the back from factory. I found 4 on eBay 3" on front and back . They may be able to give me 2.75"or 2.5" UP front and 3" on back

OP
OP
P

pkuchirka

Reaction score
I have been just looking on eBay as well. I also checked the level of the center bolts to top fender.

These quick struts are meant to restore ride height and ride quality to new. They are called StruTek. They are cheaper and supposed to be equal quality as Monroe. Leveling kits are made to level the front and back equal as opposed to having it higher in the back from factory. I found 4 on eBay 3" on front and back . They may be able to give me 2.75"or 2.5" UP front and 3" on back

These lifters I'm looking at are chassis tech. I think it will be the way to go.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you happen to notice what changed after the quick strut install? Did the rear come down or did the front come up or maybe a little of both? 3" on the back may work if the quick struts are a little shorter than stock. Just be sure the rear axle doesn't hit the frame on full extension.

OP
OP
P

pkuchirka

Reaction score
The quick struts I got are basically bottom line. Lowered the ride noticeably and made it very bouncy of a ride.. I guess I get what I pay for. I'm actually hoping it will stiffen the ride a bit.