Lift help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to give my 99 EB 4x4 a little lift... can someone suggest a torsion key and spacer... money is not tight but I do not want to spend a lot. Should I go billet or rubber.... I just dont know... also I just got new shocks so I hope they can handle it... KYB monoshocks... I was thinking like 1.5 or 2 inches. Please help links would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Also I just replaced the rear control arms so I do not think that is an issue but if it is then forget it I am never taking those bastards off again!!!!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are just lifting it an inch or two, just use the torsion keys already in place. Guys crank those down to get a max of 3 inches in front without swapping them out. As far as which material to use, I cannot help you, but going either way will probably be fine. I have never read anything on people having trouble with a certain material, so both are probably ok.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yuppers... just crank up the factory ones. Easy, free 2 - 3 inches in a matter of minutes. That's what I did.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok details please... Anyone got some pictures of what to do cause id like to add a few inches without swapping out rightnow

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well for the torsion bars, you just follow the bars until they end near the middle of the truck. There is a bolt there that you PB Blaster a bunch and then just tighten. The more you turn the bars, the harder they press down on the front tires thereby lifting the truck up. For the back, you have to put spacers on the springs.

OP
OP
C

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for all the answers guys... I knew the usual suspects would show up.... I bought the new keys and the billet spacers.... I guess I could have just used the old keys... oh well. Oh and for the guys with the air ride I believe there is a spacer that attaches to the top of the air ride to give you your lift.... oh and torsion key in the front..