Lift question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree DO IT YOUR SELF pocket the cash and have a killer off road weekend or buy more things for tbe expy.... thats usually what i do unless the boss gets wise to my plans lol

lol, thanks alot for the help guys...
i'll see how many of my truck savvy buddies can help me out and see if we can get workin'...

wish me luck!!!

thanks again everyone for the input, i have not, nor will i ever regret joining this forum. great people.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
glad to help. i think you will be happy when you get it finished (maybe not so much while you are doing it! hahah).

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really recomend being sure you have a good place to work (garage) and a set of torches, unlike alot of the guys here. I did all my own work, the body lift its self wasnt bad, ny killed me though, couldnt keep shop warm enough. and every bolt needed to be torched, grrr and swore the entire time, I also did the 3 inch spacers in the rear, and torsion twist, but used the torsion lift keys, doing the job myself took about 3 days, but that was me by myself. and being held up with work. the 2nd row seats need to come out, rear seats if you have them pull carpet from back, fold carpet in from sides under 2nd seat and then pull kick panels and pull carpet back from under dash that will expose all your body bolts, i recomend spraying the threads with pb blaster fromunder the truck for a week before attempting to remove,just makes it easier, DO NOT USE IMPACT to remove the body bolts you will strip the lower pucks that the bolt screws into, or twist them, if they twist only way you will get them off is to torch them or cut them, then wait for ford to send new ones. I have lifted several trucks, and would not do this again alone, you will have a hard time if for any reason the body shifts, and be prepaired to bend the brake rod if needed, usually dont need to, but there have been times its needed to be done, and DOUBLE CHECK EVERY THING. before thinking you are done and drive off, dont forget the steering extention up under dash, and be sure to locktite that. if i can remember where i had my thread i will link it to you or pm me and ill send ya some picks to help you out,

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sent you a pm. You could prob get your BL done here[Winston Salem] for $400 or so.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69