Lift question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmm...

i'll see once these guys call me back tomorrow.

i've got a friend of mine that i've worked with for about a year now. he's real handy. he lifted his jeep 6" by himself. i would feel kinda bad to bribe him to work on mine though. let me just get a confirmation from you though, i can get my truck 6 inches higher just with the 3 inch leveling kit, and 3 inch body lift?

sounds too good to be true...

actually, sounds too cheap to be true.

LOL

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Plus whatever the difference your tire height will be. If you are running 31 ish size tires now and go to a 35 you will be going up another couple of inches + the 6 inches of lift you are getting. It's a huge difference. Anyway, I'm off to bed, check you guys later.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i have 31's now, 35 + 6" lift should be amazing!!! can't wait to make some cash man!

nice talking to you guys and thanks for in the info! night everyone!

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im off to bed too but thought i would chime in. if you throw just the body lift on and the 35's you will see a difference. and you dont have to bribe him, just ask him. im sure if he has done it before, he wouldnt mind helping do it again. the beer is for when you get thirsty and the pizza for when you get hungry! hahah. i am going to attempt a body lift on mine hopefully next month. i dont want to pay the 600 bucks for the install. but hey, it might be worth it. if you want to wait until i do mine, i can let you know how it goes. i am probably going to make panda help me!!!!!!

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im off to bed too but thought i would chime in. if you throw just the body lift on and the 35's you will see a difference. and you dont have to bribe him, just ask him. im sure if he has done it before, he wouldnt mind helping do it again. the beer is for when you get thirsty and the pizza for when you get hungry! hahah. i am going to attempt a body lift on mine hopefully next month. i dont want to pay the 600 bucks for the install. but hey, it might be worth it. if you want to wait until i do mine, i can let you know how it goes. i am probably going to make panda help me!!!!!!

i'll be sure to have a case of budlight ready for when i ask him! LOL

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so your going to "make" me help you? haha ill help you. and if you get a chance send me a pic of those rims. i might just take those off of you if you arnt getting mts for them. but im not into body lifts that much. idk. i just dont like that look. but then again. going different from everyone. so who knows. i might slap one in there and then remove it later. still need a 2" spacer in the rear though.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so your going to "make" me help you? haha ill help you. and if you get a chance send me a pic of those rims. i might just take those off of you if you arnt getting mts for them. but im not into body lifts that much. idk. i just dont like that look. but then again. going different from everyone. so who knows. i might slap one in there and then remove it later. still need a 2" spacer in the rear though.

let's see some pics of your ride panda!!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
body lifts are not that hard unless you have a lot of rust... they are just really time consuming... but going with a name brand like Performance accesories BL the directions will tell you everything you need to do... the two biggest things before attempting a BL is besides checking for rust 1) soak all bolts with PB Blaster for a few days even a week before you attempt it and 2) make sure you have 2 days free or have a second vehicle while your doing BL.....

o yeah and spray the frame and under carraige very well with a pressure washer before you attempt it because everything is gonna fall all over you!

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what i meant to say panda was "ask" you to help me! hahah. if you want to, you can come over and we can bolt one of my rims/tires on your truck to see how well she fits.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man, I would like to put a little lift on my expedition but I have absolutely nothing. The only tools I have is a small tool kit. I have a buddy with a handy dad that I might ask to help.