Lift question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i did the body lift my self.. it took a good 2 days and i broke the left front bolt off for the bushing. but it really wasnt difficult by any means just time consuming

the rear seats need to come out, the insturctions said the front ones did to but i didn't see the need..

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good lord, i think i'm just gonna wait to make some money to take it to the damn shop...

i can't afford to make any mistakes, nor can i/want to spend the time trying to figure out all this stuff.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how soon are you trying to get this done? i think 2 days workin on your truck and saving 600-700 bucks is worth it. plus you can say you built it yourself and you will know a little more about your truck. just my opinion.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how soon are you trying to get this done? i think 2 days workin on your truck and saving 600-700 bucks is worth it. plus you can say you built it yourself and you will know a little more about your truck. just my opinion.

well i'll have the money by mid to end of next month just for the leveling kit and the body lift. but not for the actual labor to be done.

how hard would it be to REALLY do this and what tools would i need to have in my garage?

also, is it possible to use two 3" leveling kits for a combination of 6" rather than doing the body lift as well?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes if you plan on doing the carpet now would be a great time......... no you can not use two leveling kits to get 6" of lift.......... IMO the body lift would be a skill level 2 out of 5 and the level kit would be the same as no special tools are required... to do the body lift you need basic hand tools a breaker bar torque wrench a drill and 1/2 drill bit. floor jack and a wooden block

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
And don't do it in your garage!!!!! Unless you have 8 foot doors, cuz once you get in, you are not getting out with the extra 8 inches. lol.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very true guys. only way of getting out is airing the tires down...ALOT. i say go for it and do it yourself. have the pride and save the money....two great combinations!

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And don't do it in your garage!!!!! Unless you have 8 foot doors, cuz once you get in, you are not getting out with the extra 8 inches. lol.

lol good call but luckily i have a 3 car garage, with the 2 and 1, the 2 has the huge door cause it's designed for a boat so i'm good!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree DO IT YOUR SELF pocket the cash and have a killer off road weekend or buy more things for tbe expy.... thats usually what i do unless the boss gets wise to my plans lol