Lifting 99 Expo! Need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bryce541

Reaction score
This is what I'm working with. Everything is stock. Besides a Kenwood head unit and two Rockford Fosgate P3 12's :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Lane24, what body lift do you have? Looks good! But if I'm planning a suspension lift also should that be done first?

!

It's the Peformance Accessories 3 inch body lift. I also have rear coil spacers and a torsion crank on the front.. Here's a link to the Body Lift and gap guards. Lots of places you can buy them. This is just the first place that came up when I googled it. . http://www.4-wheel-drive-lift-kits.com/873-pa-1997-02-3--ford-expedition----body-lift-kit.html

Last edited:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
bryce, a shop will get it done in 10-12 hours since they have a lift and all the necessary tools and have done a few lifts. You can plan on them charging you about $800 to install the lift (the lift would be up and above that).

I did my first lift based off of directions only. But, I also had access to a full garage with tools like a tranny jack and whatnot. I did the lift install myself. But, if you don't have the full garage, you will need a second person there with you. TRUST ME!!!!!! Balancing the rear axle is no easy trick on a jack. Granted, for $4000, you can get my truck that is all done, 4x4, and has a bunch of power mods added to it too. Been regeared and the whole 9 yards.

OP
OP
B

bryce541

Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal for your truck, unfortunately I must remain with the one I have. It has been in the family to long to get rid of.
If I plan on having a suspension and body lift, which should be done first? Or does it not matter?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
bryce, you can do either first. It doesn't matter. They are completely independent of each other. The body lift will get you some height for little to no money. But, then you may find yourself doing 2 sets of tires if there is some time between the two.

OP
OP
B

bryce541

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info and input guys! I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to post before and after pics when I begin!
One more quick question!
Will 35's look small on the expo with 7.5 suspension lift and 3 inch body lift? I've seen them on expo's with just 3 inch body lift. I'm just not sure to go bigger or not.
Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
10.5 inches of lift may make 35's look small. They look perfect with 5 inches. Look up Walnuts4x4 's gallery. Just do a member search on this forum for him. I think he has about 11 inches I think and runs 37's. Looks about right.