Lost my window!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaineball

Reaction score
So I went to roll down the driver side front power window and I guess it slipped off the track or something and its all crooked.

I pull over and try to guide it up and get it back closed - better stuck up then down! While doing that is completely fall into the door.

How screwed am I? Is this as simple as pull the panel and get the glass back on track or do I need the check book?

Thankx,
Blaine

mohs00

Reaction score
dealer is going to want to much money i would bring it to a auto glass place should be much more reasonable

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. The dealer will tell you that you need to replace the window. The glass place (I went to Safelite) will re-epoxy the window to whatever holds it in place. I paid under $50.

braduardo

Reaction score
Pop the door panel off yourself. Only 2 screws. It's pretty easy to get back into place. Just make sure you secure it back in the slot. I didn't secure mine the first time it happened, and I ended up having it pop back out later when I tried to put it down and there was frost.