Low buzzing sounds like alarm clock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a dull buzzing coming from the top hose off the intake that wraps around a connects to the the rear of the motor. This hose has a canister in the middle of the run. Sorry if I had my book on me Id be able to list what this is and what it is running to.

It buzzes under idle only. took a few days to track this down.

grantikal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am experiencing a similar problem and i have not found the culprit but i did get a few leads. Autozone clerk an ex ford mechanic took a listen and thought it could be the idle pulleys i have the 5.4 so it has one on each side or a vacuum hose. as for now i am still not sure maybe I will get to the bottom of it when i replace the drive belt sometime this week.

thePUNISHER

Reaction score
I have a dull buzzing coming from the top hose off the intake that wraps around a connects to the the rear of the motor. This hose has a canister in the middle of the run. Sorry if I had my book on me Id be able to list what this is and what it is running to.

It buzzes under idle only. took a few days to track this down.

the Pcv hose? to the passenger valve cover? its probably the pcv valve. ford revised it for this issue. replace it.....

grantikal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did some research at autozone:
some possibilities:

Symptom: Hum/Buzz/Whine
When: Idling or Driving
Where: Engine Compartment

Priority Action Part Type Cause
1 Inspect Belt Incorrectly Routed, Adjusted(Tensioned), Missing or Worn Drive Belt(s).
2 Inspect Fan Clutch Loose, Faulty or Worn Out Fan Clutch.
3 Inspect A/C Compressor&Clutch Damaged or Faulty A/C Compressor and/or Clutch, Low Oil Level.
4 Inspect A/C Compressor Damaged or Faulty A/C Temperature Switch Cycling Compressor On and Off Too RAPIDLY, Low Oil Level.
5 Inspect A/C Temperature Switch Damaged or Faulty A/C Temperature Switch Cycling Compressor On and Off Too RAPIDLY, Low Oil Level.
6 Inspect A/C Hose Assembly Metal A/C Lines VIBRATING AGAINST Other Components Under The Hood, Faulty Blower Motor BushingS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1