Lug nut insanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are not 2-piece. They are solid. I also bought a set of them (20) for my wife's Ford Edge.

Ok. The ones pictured on Amazon are 2-piece. Oddly, some reviewers seemed to receive a 1-piece design and others a 2-piece design. :/

Last edited:

Michael McC

Reaction score
OMG. What a pain. PLEASE change your lugs before you have a problem. Last time I changed a tire the lug wrench barely fit. Last week it didn't go on at all.

I ordered the Gorilla lugs from EBay through Tuneshop for $59. https://www.ebay.com/itm/161049644684

I spent over an hour this evening replacing lugs. Pounding a socket on and using a cheater bar to turn them off. On two lugs it didn't work, and I had to peel the chrome off bit by bit. I broke a screwdriver, a socket and a socket wrench, and only got two wheels done. More fun tomorrow!

Really wish I had done this when the lug wrench still fit. Didn't think it was going to happen to me, but it did.

catmandu

Reaction score
For all you 2015-2017 folks, I spent WAY to much time looking for the right replacement. I ended up with McGard 64023. Best I could find was Xtremediesel.com, coupon code SAVEME10, add a $2.95 decal to get over the $99 free shipping threshold, $101 plus tax out the door.