Memory mirrors not fully working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carl H

Reaction score
17 Expy Platinum. Wife uses memory button 1 and I use 2. When I hit the button as I get in, the driver side mirror will not fully adjust to where it's supposed to be. Works fine for her setting though. All other functions work great, any thoughts?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gunk stuck in mechanism in the direction of your preferred adjustment?

EdgarCyr

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Driver side mirror works fine in memory 2, when I push memory 1, the driver side mirror will go to the most farthest out and down position, then starts clicking like it is trying to go even further.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I'm going to ask a stupid question. Are you sure you have memory button 2 programmed correctly? Maybe when you saved the settings the mirror wasn't positioned correctly.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got any code reader that reads B codes? or you can also use Forscan to see if there are any B codes stored. I once encountered a similar issue, and there was a B code stored in the system that pointed towards a correlation error in one of the mirrors. Fortunately for us, the memory correlation is managed by the mirror motor itself, so if you find a code for horizontal/vertical memory correlation mismatch you can attempt to replace the mirror motor with an OEM unit (~$45 ish) to see if the code goes away and the unit starts functioning again.

One more thing: when I had that issue, stuff eventually aggravated to the phase where the affected side wouldn't move at all with the memory button, but could otherwise be controlled with the directional inputs from the switch.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I'm going to ask a stupid question. Are you sure you have memory button 2 programmed correctly? Maybe when you saved the settings the mirror wasn't positioned correctly.
That was it! It was just the programming. The forum works! Thanks again.