Mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First I want to say that I am brand new to this web site and hope it will be as useful as some other sites to which I belong (thedieselstop.com, thevmc.com).

In the next month I plan on adding to "the fleet" and buying a used (2008-2010) Expedition to do some traveling with the wife and dogs this summer. We will be pulling a 7 x 14 box trailer, so that's why I'm going with the Expedition. I have a 2005 F-250 with the Powerstroke Diesel. This truck will turn 200K miles soon, and I don't trust it anymore for long trips.

Since we will be towing the trailer often, I would like to know if I can retrofit the F-150 tow mirrors onto the Expedition. I'm not worried about wiring. I want to know if the mounting bolt patttern is the same on the Expedition door as it is the F-150?

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.

Marc

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
far as I know the F150 and expy mirrors have different bases and wont mount up without some serious modifying... the expy mirrors will interchange from different generations.... 97+ expy all fit just different wiring.....

I have been trying to find a way to get towing mirrors for my 99.... my plans are to attempt to modify a set of superduty mirrors to fit my expy.... I have seen them done to a reg cab and super cab F150 but there mirror bases are smaller than the expy and supercrew f150s... on the smaller mirrors the 250 mirrors were a bit big so I wanna see about putting them on mine.... just need to find a cheap set of mirrors or a broken mirror to fab up and see if it will work before I order a nice towing set....

you could measure your 250 mirrors and see how they would measure up to your new expy to give you an idea...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev