Multiple Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

for power seats check fuse 108 and 109 also check the fuse with a meter not by looking at it also check fuse 102 this is the fuse that feeds some circuits through the Ign. switch

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

trhymers

Reaction score
i know fuses are good i had removed them all and tested. but i am getting the over all same issues with the new fuse box. so i know the fuse box and fuses are not the issue. i checked the ground # 200/201??? by the box and it reads out good.

B

bedrck46

look at print 13-14 you will see that power comes into fuses 102 and goes thru the Ign. switch and comes out on lines A and B on page 13-15 and also comes out on Line C page 13-16

Now put the key in and turn it to the run position then pull fuse 1 and check the fuse terminals to see if you have 12 volts You should only have 12 Volts on one side of the fuse socket Page 13-15

Then do the same for fuse 13 and 14 on page 13-16

Then post the results

B

bedrck46

also check fuse 15-15 and 18, pull fuse key in run position and check fuse terminals for power 12 volts

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is some electrical FYI:

Testing fuses - no need to pull the ato type of fuse. There are little test points on top of each fuse. One side is the power in the other is power out. Just hit each point with one of the probes and you know instantly. Makes for quick testing with a test light or dvm.
Some circuits are hot at all times while others are hot in run.

trhymers - What is your electrical diagnosis background? Once we know we can tailor the dialog accordingly. Words of wisdom for you - don't throw parts at the problem. Diagnose it and prove the part has failed before spending money. If you don't have a test light, get one. Same goes for the dvm - get a cheap one if money is tight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trhymers

Reaction score
i have a fluke. i also have a fuse tester. so with key on i got 11.8 volts across fuses 1, 13-16, 18. i touched the lead to test points on top of the fuses. which shows the fuses are good.

i get impatient and so i throw money at things. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trhymers

Reaction score
sticking the probe in one side of the fuse socket gets voltage, and the other gets nothing.