My 98 before and after...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hello all. Glad to be back to the forum. Couldn't log on for the longest time.

Anyway. Just thought I would share some pics of my 98. It's not the best or the biggest, but I really like it!!

Here it was when I first bought it.

43600006-3.jpg

Torsion twist, and rear spacers for about 2 inches...

43600007.jpg

Some bigger meats and new rims, and this is how it sits today. First pic is front lifted only, next is after coil spacers installed.

43600018.jpg
SANY0303.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
looks good... im aiming for 6" suspension and 3" body but after seeing how clean yours came out ive been thinking otherwise... one question aside- how does it bahave on the highway with the torsions up? and is there any noticeable unever tire wear?

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Handles exactly the same. The tires are still pretty new, but there is no uneven wear that I can see. Mind you, I didn't go have it realigned after the TT, which I probably should have.

I would still like to do the 3" Body lift someday as well. That's pretty much the same lift that I have on my Explorer in my avatar. 2 inch shackles and spacers and a 3 inch body lift. It's a great look.

Last edited:
Reaction score
not bad then. i like the clean look but i need more. greed is an addiction- or is it just financial planning to go BIG the first time? i would like to do a 6" overall combo between suspension, body and tire radius but due to past experiences with sqeaking body blocks on full size broncos im a little weary. it wasnt bad but more of a pain to have people look at you while going over a speedbump and think your monster is a an off-road lemon when it sounds like it cant take a 5" bump. have you had any problems with them on the explorer?

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
No, but the weight of an Explorer compared to that of an Expedition or Mid 80's Bronco is a huge difference. That is probably the reason I haven't done the BL yet.

When I was looking at lift options, the local 4x4 shops were actually advising against the BL due to the weight of an Expedition. But the price difference between a $300 body lift or a $1600 suspension lift is something to think about.

But my Explorer never had issues with squeaks or body roll. Just make sure you beef up your exhaust, and no one will hear the squeaks ;)

Reaction score
I had 4 Cherrybomb glasspacks on the Bronco- 2 on each side of a true dual exhaust- and besides, you cant floor it over speed bump. at least with the family in it. sometimes :p

cato

Reaction score
Diggin the lift. Wish wife would go for that with some larger tires but definitely will never happen.

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Originally posted by cato
Diggin the lift. Wish wife would go for that with some larger tires but definitely will never happen.

I've seen your Expedition in your Show and Tell thread, and I definatley think your truck looks great as is. Very classy.
Mine, on the other hand, was getting old so it needed something to make it interesting again. But thanks for the comment.