My Expy acceleration video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I uploaded a video I just shot tonight. I was holding camera so sorry about the quality and focus.

I was going up a slight incline and was initially on the side of the road so I hesitated for a moment until I was sure she was pointed straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8-khaHr52I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The boring details:

The motor has been going dead lean on the shifts. Still not sure why this is happening but believe the tranny is hitting some kind of limit which signals the ecu to cut fuel. I loaded my new tune re-enableing torque reduction (limits power on shift) hoping it would keep the ecu from cutting fuel. This did help as it was far less noticable but it is still cutting fuel :(. After it cuts fuel it takes some time to recover....not obvious on video but it can easily be felt.

Watch the needle on the wide band gauge on the shift. The 5:00 position is 19 to 1 air/fuel and that is as far as the gauge reads. At full throttle it should remain at the 10:00 position as this is 11.5 to 1.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UGH! love that sound dude! gives me a woody everytime! yeah thats weird that the gauge dose that. is it cause there is no fuel going into the engine during a shift or is just something the gauge dose?

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
UGH! love that sound dude! gives me a woody everytime! yeah thats weird that the gauge dose that. is it cause there is no fuel going into the engine during a shift or is just something the gauge dose?

The gauge is accurate...the ecu is cutting fuel?! Datalogging confirmed it just not sure why yet.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tom incredibly sexy... once I burn through my motor I am coming to your house or I will fly you down to help me with this swap.lol

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
your low on washer fluid....lol

Actually I am not. Damn light just goes off every time I drive.:shrug: Just has not been high on my priority list to fix.

Thanks guys for the nice comments!

Just wish I could track down my fuel cut issue...its gonna drive me nuts...:crazy: I know, I know ...as my wife would say :facepalm: "Short trip".

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well let us know, cuz i am def going to start looking into the swap since i cannot find the s/c that i want. might as well do the swap and go from there!

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nvy dont forget to stop in colton and pick up the engine block on your way home.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
run video

Tom...sounds like the fender gaskets are leaking and the canooten valve may be getting stuck..:joke: Its impressive to watch that speedo climb...now drop it off the jack and lets see what it does....*****.:rotflmao:..Seriously man..its sounds sweet....