My Expy acceleration video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Tom...sounds like the fender gaskets are leaking and the canooten valve may be getting stuck..:joke: Its impressive to watch that speedo climb...now drop it off the jack and lets see what it does....*****.:rotflmao:..Seriously man..its sounds sweet....

Have not thought of that. Will have to check my fender gaskets and canooten valve. :rotflmao:

Yeah could not believe how dark the video came out.. Not great with cameras. I will attempt a daylight shot sometime and try and get street view also. Looks faster if you have a point of reference. Would prefer to do after issue is taken care of dont like pushing it when I know it has a problem. Fortunately it appears to be cutting fuel completely which avoids lean related detonation... But for some reason..shutting off the fuel tends to slow it down?!?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the only thing i can see with why its shutting it down is like in a man trans. let foot of clutch shift foot back on. i dont remember but did lightning come mans?

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
the only thing i can see with why its shutting it down is like in a man trans. let foot of clutch shift foot back on. i dont remember but did lightning come mans?

Lightnings came with 4r100 also.. modified version. The odd thing is with lower boost this did not happen. The harder its running the more pronounced it becomes and for longer period of time. I agree it is like the ecu is "getting off the gas" to shift but this is not normal. It will also shift nice and firm at lesser throttle positions and less boost.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
i seems like your hitting the rev limiter 5300rpm if you put it in neutral and rev the ball sac off it it will cut out at like 5300 same as in gear need to get/find some way to eleminate this

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
i seems like your hitting the rev limiter 5300rpm if you put it in neutral and rev the ball sac off it it will cut out at like 5300 same as in gear need to get/find some way to eleminate this

Thats one of the 1st things I checked. The rev limit is set at 6,000 in the tune. There is actually a seperate neutral rev limit but I have it set at 6,000 also. I set shift rpm @ just under 5,400. I raised it over stock due to cam powerband. It could use a bit higher shift point but trying to be conservative.

I have tried several things in the tune with no luck yet but you gave me an idea. I can turn off fuel cut in the tune, only its in the rev limit area?! Might try this and see if it works. I have been focused on finding the cause I did not consider if I could eliminate the symptom..

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
the symptom is the coputer is shuting the fuel supplie off at lets say 5400rpm
but it will not restart untill it goes below 5100rpm