My Expy is ugly!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking over the ex, all I can see is a rusty frame, nasty windows and paint with a million scratches!

How would I get rid of what looks like scratches on my windows?

How do I get rid of those small scratches that are extremly noticeable in the sun on my paint?

What product is good to remove the grime all over my tires?

What is a good product to get my bottom window molding black again?

Does wheel cleaner make any difference in the shine of wheels?

Thanks!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cant do much for glass. its glass. get new glass and its scratch less. thats about it. paint you can clay bar it. but itll only do so much for it. i think tire shine works good if you have clean tires to begin with. as for the frame. i have the same problem. i want to know how i go about bed lining it. then i look under there and im like thats a lot of taping and masking off.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol sorry I like to wax!

The frame I think im going to take a wire brush wheel with a drill to it or an angle grinder and then undercoat it

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
frame = get a wire wheel attachment for drill and go to town.... then spray with black spray paint (what I do)... then after its painted you can spray frame with tire foam and it shines nice.... trick from car shows I go to....

paint = clay bar, then get a Porter Cable 7424XP DA Buffer and some different pads I used orange with Megs Ultimate Compound then a white pad with Megs Swirl X... then a white pad and some ultimate polish.... then finished with Megs NXT 2.0 wax.... its gonna take a long time to do it right but slower is better....

glass = clay bar it then look into a window buffing/cleaning kit

tire = westelys bleach white and a scrub brush... then a tire dressing...

rims = clean with a rim cleaner then get a Megs powercone and some wheel polish and clean them...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI... I am waiting for a response from the guys at autogeek to see if they would like to join as a member or vendor.... also PM'd the autogeek rep on f150online forum as well...

but if you want more info on detailing check out http://autogeekonline.net/

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glass...no clue...swirls in paint...no clue but i think theres a thread about it...grime on tires...wheel cleaner or simple green...then put tire finish on it afterwards...wheel cleaner will make a difference with the shine...you dont wax a dirty car...dont shine dirty tires...spray with tire cleaner while dry...then scrub with soap/water...then whatever dressing for your shine... should be good to go after that

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
alright I need about 50$ lol Im taking off the Original tan pinstriping, and its obvious where they once were!