My ReadyLift SST 3/2 kit experience thus far 2016 EL Platinum 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you did the install yourself, how did you deal with the two bolts that attach the strut to the LCA? Some f150 videos I've seen say to loosen the LCA bolts and punch out the two bolts in the strut and just reuse them
Basically as described. Honestly, I am going to pay a buddy with a Jeep shop, that is a few blocks from my house to do the 17. Just don't have the time or patience to do it again.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Any updates on this? Would love to hear how it turns out as I am looking to do the same. Thanks!
Ok everyone. Finally got the kit installed which I did by myself. First I'll go through and explain some stuff I had to do in the install then I'll get some pics uploaded.

So I got 3 different sets of instructions, two for expedition and one for f150. F150 is for the FRONT spacers. Expeditions are for the rear depending gnon what type of suspension setup is back there (a- frame or 4 point). For 2016s, the instructions are incomplete. I was able to get by with removing the two LCA bolts by hammering them out and the strut and spacer slid back in with a little force. Did not loosen the LCA at all. Front installation went smoothly.

The back calls for disconnecting the LCA completely from the frame and getting that back in is a two man job with two jacks rasinging and lowering until the holes line back up. Rear spacers are offset so the spring just got installed turned 180 degrees.

Overall the job took 4hrs and I would highly highly recommend using an impact wrench bc you will struggle getting the bigger bolts out and back in without one, especially the front LCA bolts that basically have to be pulled back into their splines. Any questions please feel free to post and I will try to answer as best I can

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
So they are obviously OEM Rims, but what are you running for tires are they the originals and/or are you going to upgrade? I plan to do the exact lift on my 16 XLT, but can't settle on a tire choice, I plan on keeping the OEM 18" rims. And want to try and get 35s,

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So they are obviously OEM Rims, but what are you running for tires are they the originals and/or are you going to upgrade? I plan to do the exact lift on my 16 XLT, but can't settle on a tire choice, I plan on keeping the OEM 18" rims. And want to try and get 35s,
OEM 275/55/20 right now. Will be keeping OEM wheels and shooting for 35x11.50s