mystery shimmy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder what the actual 2 to 4 wheel drive production numbers are. Seems like in our forum, theirs more 4 wheel than 2.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
studabaker

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried to pry it and no movement so i am gonna call it done. I may have damaged the cv axle from vibrations that i have since resolved cause i still feel something. I might do that because its easy but i am mostly glad that is not an issue. It was up in the air when it moved before maybe its just loaded now... its time to call it done. And see what happens. Thank you for your interest.

Cheers.

Stu

OP
OP
studabaker

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been avoiding driving my expedition lately because I still felt my wobble that lead to more significant damage. I have since replaced my torque converter and cv axles. I finally got into the dealership which was helpful. I was given a list of things to repair. I have replaced one tire was bad. I had. Them "load force test it" which identifies bubbles in the tread due to manufacturing process. While doing the rotors i notice than they are size 14mm holes over 12mm bolts. I think this could have been one of the parts of my wobble. Combined with a bad tire and slightly off rotors, and a recipe for damaging the entire drive line.

I expect to put the 12mm rotors on today and have it done. I put one 14mm on and the drivers side was where most of last vibrations aere felt. I just did the one side and major improvements.

I am imagining going over slightly rough road and that wheel rotating 2mm and then back when it get power to it. The is play in the drive line that was difficult to diagnose.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been awhile Studie! #19 post said it all. The rotors were replaced 5 years before. 14 mm rotors on 12 mm studs will rock like a old Eagles concert. Can't believe you or the mechanics in Sacto didn't catch that earlier. Good to have you back. Glad you figured it out. Moose

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk