need a power source for DRL module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happy New year everybody,

I've got a relay assembly that is supposed to let the front turn signals double as daytime running lights. Problem is I need a fused power source of at least 15 amps that will only operate when the engine is on and / or when the key is in the run position. I've been looking in the fuse boxes and on some wiring diagrams I've got and i can't really figure out the best way to do it. Does anybody have any suggestions as to something i could tap into or maybe something else ?

Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look on the fuse block to see if you have any empty spaces You should be ablt to tap into that and run a fused circuit Check the empty space to make sure is only receives power in the run position

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your source needs to be in the cabin, the cigarette lighter circuit is usually 20a. You can tap into that circuit and add the correct fuse rating after the splice.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
space #9, #10 And #31 should be empty If you have the owners manual you can look at the fuse block for the location

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was hoping to find a source in the main fuse box under the hood. If I do it in the cabin ill probably have to go through the firewall and trace the turn signal wires from the multifunction switch, which sounds like a.real pain.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you look at the print that stamp provided the C159 connector is located in the engine compartment

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you look at the print that stamp provided the C159 connector is located in the engine compartment

Is that one of those large connectors I see coming out of the firewall behind the fuse blocks?
Also, is every fuse in the main fuse block always hot? Seems like my multimeter probes aren't long enough to reach the terminals........

Excuse my ignorance I've just never done anything in a fuse box except replace a fuse. And ford didn't leave a lot of room to work in the engine comparrment.......

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That connector is probably one of the three large ones on the driver side, on the firewall.
Some fuses are hot at all times while others are hot in run, acc or start.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition