Need help ASAP Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Erickson

Reaction score
Just last week i had a very similar problem where my 06 EB would stall when coming to a stop. It would immediately restart but was a struggle to keep it running having to keep the foot on the gas. Once moving it was fine. There was no check engine light on, but the shop found a code for the mass air flow sensor which fixed the problem.

The motorcraft part is very spendy around $200, but there are others out there for less but not sure of their reliability.

Good luck to you!

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Ahhh I just found my leak... Not sure if it's transmission or powersteering fluid... It's too dark to be trans almost like blood red

plumcolr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the trans cooler lines where they go through the plastic clamps / retainers mounted on the radiator support. My lines rusted through at these points and leaked trans fluid.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Look at the trans cooler lines where they go through the plastic clamps / retainers mounted on the radiator support. My lines rusted through at these points and leaked trans fluid.

No it's not that far up, it's at the line fittings all the way to the left almost exactly over the front left wheel hub

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yep it's transmission fluid, the leak is a shade darker than the PS and matches the trans fluid off of the dip stick

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well I think I fixed the trans line leak... I just retightened the connection point (Union). No leaks since but now I'm noticing a small oil leak (engine oil) seems to be coming from the right side of the oil pan... I'll clean it up later and see where it starts dripping again... So many issues since the swap, all thanks to a ford dealer out of all things too

Rooster1978

Reaction score
My first suspect would be the cooler lines running to the radiator. I would start there and work back to the tranny. The rubber lines are prone to cracking and slow leaks over time.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Transmission line hasn't leaked in a week so that's confirmed fixed.

Yesterday I redneck style replaced the oil pan gasket, flushed the oil pan with 2 cans of carb cleaner while I'm at it.

Hasn't died or got close to dying since i replaced VCT's & cleaned TB.

And it hasn't bogged down on me since I haven't let it go past 1/2 empty...

Everything is running as it should except for the exhaust leak from the intake manifold but that's a $750+ repair that I can wait on a little longer.

This truck is proving to be more high maintenance than Paris Hilton!

Reaction score
It could be the cam phaser issue which causes the timing to be off, making it stall or run rough at slow speed.

Last edited:

josephbourd

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and now I suspect it IS a bad battery because I notice the lights fade as the engine stalls . I don't think its a fuel problem because it idles just fine in neutral or park and accelerates just fine . I'm going to have my battery checked .