Need help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dude I am at a loss got the new cops and plugs will let you know.... I switched 6 with 1 and no more codes but still an issue over 2000 rpms at times or around the shift point at about 53 mph..... ugh I will see this weekend I hope. I hope it is just because I am an idiot and got it wet

OP
OP
C

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I posted the pics for you

Oh and changed the COPs and all is fine.. just 6 and since I put 6 in 1 I changed 1 for the hell of it... cannot wait to get around to doing all and plus... 4 and 8 oh my god

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh and changed the COPs and all is fine.. just 6 and since I put 6 in 1 I changed 1 for the hell of it... cannot wait to get around to doing all and plus... 4 and 8 oh my god

So no more miss? I just got all 8 cops in the mail and I'm gona buy the plugs this weekend. I notice more of a miss when my air conditioning is on?(yeah it still works and blows cold, did have to add a little freon as it was blowing cool but not cold)

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And my miss isnt always there. Some days she runs fine and others she seems to stumble until highway speeds? She has 133,000 and as far as I know hasnt ever been tuned up.

OP
OP
C

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And my miss isnt always there. Some days she runs fine and others she seems to stumble until highway speeds? She has 133,000 and as far as I know hasnt ever been tuned up.

No more miss and I just replaced the two coils... did not even do the plugs.. I will do everything when I have time .... it is going to be a ***** with these bear claws of mine

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to hear! how did you figure out witch two it was? I don't have any check engine light coming on but I still have the miss from time to time. And I know how ya feel, I had to do the heater core on mine when I first got her. What a pain in the @ss!. I guess laying across the motor to get to the back plugs might be a little better on the back but it looks tight back there

OP
OP
C

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah I will be laying my 6'3 230 frame across the engine for sure..... I knew because I have a simple OBDII monitor that threw the P0603 or what ever code meaning it was 6 and then I changed to see if the problem moved with it when I put it into 1. The problem did more with it but I was picking up zero codes.... I just replaced both kept the one I had taken out of 1 for whatever reason.... hoarder I guess and now no miss. With that many miles I would do all the plugs coils and belt if it has not been done. I bought the accel version for like 189 but I see cheaper ones out there for under 100 for all 8... they go again and I will be using a cheaper option... I bet when I do the plugs and replace them all it really runs well because just with the two without plugs I swear I can tell the difference... best of luck

Last edited:

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know how your feelin, reaching back to unsnap those heater hoses from the old core was a nitemare. I still have scarred knuckles and that was a few months ago. I just bought one of those OBDII hand held scanners from harbor freight but have yet to use it. I thought if I had no light on the dash that it wouldnt show anything but I'll give it a try anyway. The cops I got were the accel copies and at 130 for all 8 off Ebay,thought I'd save a buck or two......... I just got back from a 16hr trip, to and from Tennessee and she only missed every now and then but it was enough to burn up some gas thats for sure. So tomorrow its coils, plugs and I'll change the belt because its definitely seen better days. Only hope I dont have any of those plug problems everyone keeps talking about. I'll do the seafoam and let'm soak a few hours. Thanks again for all the info, I appreciate it