Never Owned a Truck, much less a lifted Truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just ordered a 11' Expy 4X4 EL Limited and would eventually like to lift it for better driving down on OBX. Want to put 35" 12.5 on but don't want a lift too high that makes the ride bad. So what is a good height too lift and still have a decent ride? Any information/ recommendations is appreciated.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The third gen expy has no lift options available other then a 3/2 like I have. Even then you wont be able to squeeze 35s on there unless you cut the bumper and by cut I mean half the lower portion and remove your running boards.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
you'll have to forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 3/2? I'm guessing this is a basic leveling spacer? Brand? Also what size tires are you running?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll have to forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 3/2? I'm guessing this is a basic leveling spacer? Brand? Also what size tires are you running?

Yup its a 3/2 spacer kit. Truxxx sells the kit but its like $400 you can find similiar ones on ebay for half that like I did. My rims are 18x9 and the tires are 33x12x18

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hokie, when you see numbers like 3/2 associated with a lift or drop, what they are talking about is the amount of lift/drop that you are going to get. So, in the case of the 3/2 lift mentioned above, you are getting 3" of lift in the front and 2" of lift in the rear.

Unfortunately, the 11 Expy's have no real options when it comes to lifts. So, you will need to either be patient or dig deep into your wallet and have a custom lift made for you. To fit the 35's, you will probably only need a 4/4 lift (possibly a 6/5 lift) and the price of a custom lift for only that much lift is not practical.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thermo a quick question and sorry for thread jacking. but is it possible to do bigger spacer lifts on the 2nd 3rd gen? i have a friend who is an iron worker, built his own desert racer. the spacers look relatively simple. is it possible to make spacer taller? or would this start to involve the need for longer suspension components like A-arms?

ExpyPlowGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah don't want to go over 3 inches on the spacers. A lot of people recommend not going over 2 inches to minimize the stress on the suspension and ball joints due to the increased angles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986