New 2007 Expo owner with a couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonsterBash

Reaction score
I just retired my 2wd 99 EB and picked up a 4wd 2007 EB. Unfortunately I didn't get an owners manual with it. I searched around and found answers to almost all my question but have a couple that I still need a little help with.

As best I can tell the heated mirrors are activated with the rear defroster?

Also the lower passenger heated seat doesn't work..the top\back works fine. Anyone tackle this problem? I know on my 99 the heating pads where know to fail...both mine where shot. I gotta assume that the electronics (relay..fuse..switch etc) are fine because the top\back works. Both LED indicators also work. I plan on checking wiring and continuity for starters. Are these a known point of failure like the first gen?

I bought a radio\stereo that has a rear camera option. Anyone have any advice on how\where to run the cabling for the rear camera to the front and a good place to mount it? I'm in the buffalo area so we get a bit of snow. I'd like to try to keep it inside the truck. But the camera them selves are only $10. So if a couple get ruined with snow\salt it really wouldn't be that big of a deal. I see the license plate screws are a popular place...not sure how long it would last around here

Thanks!!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go to owner.ford.com and you will be able to download a copy of the owners manual

How well are your electrical troubleshooting skills?

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
both the rear defroster and heated mirrors work on the same circuit

"lower passenger heated seat doesn't work..the top\back works fine" Although both heaters receiver power from the same source they are controlled separately So I would say the seat bottom heater is most likely bad

OP
OP
M

MonsterBash

Reaction score
Thanks Roxy!

I feel I'm pretty good at trouble shooting electrical problems. I collect and fix old arcade games...I have about 50 or so and another 30 pinball machines (can you see the need for a 'big' SUV =0)). So basic electrical troubleshooting from wiring diagrams to circuit board schematics shouldn't be an issue. I was just being lazy to see if there's a know common point of failure

As far as the heated mirrors. So they are basically 'off' until I hit the 'rear defroster' button?

I'll download the manual right after we get the Christmas Tree up

Thanks!