New Brake Pad Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
04XLT4x4,

The problem is Koons is "eating" the cost of the replacement, something they wouldn't do if I didn't purchase the vehicle from them.

I purchased mine from Carlton Massey in Pocomoke City...so I have to see if they will do it.

OP
OP
G

Dave,

Understand, but if that dealer gives you too much hassle, then ask them why Koons is doing it for their customers? And then maybe a letter to the owner of the dealership explaining how disatisfied you are and will take your buissness to Koons in the future.

Koons wants to keep me happy, I have bought a Cobra and now this vehicle from them in 1 year. But seems to me if one dealer is doing it, they all should. Good luck

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
04XLT4x4

Unforetunately, not all dealerships are the same. Some dealerships will mark up vehicles for a premium and others will not. The manufacturers have no control over what the dealerships do.

So, what one dealership does, does not necessarily mean the other will follow.

When it comes to questionable warranty repair, some dealerships will eat the cost while others won't give up a penny if it is within their right.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Daveplot

I don't suppose you can take digital pictures of your dirty running boards?

I've since cleaned and scrubbed mine and even placed a front and rear mud guard to absorb as much of the dust as possible, but I'd like to send a digital picture of the dirty running boards to see what my dealership will say.

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keydo,

I'll have to see if I have any pictures at home. I went muddin last weekend so the car is clean now.

OP
OP
G

Keydo,

Understand, but if this is something that you really want, then you have to push the dealer into doing it. I have had a similar situation with a Honda Dealer and he refused to make it right. I wrote a nice detailed letter to American Honda explaining to them my dissatisfaction and they responded with a letter that told me to go back to the dealer and it would be resolved to my satisfaction.

Some dealers are penny pinchers, but if you don't push them, they won't do anything. If you guys are still having issues with your dealer doing the pad swap, i would write a letter to Ford Inc Customer Relations, info your dealer, and ask Ford why some dealerships are doing the swap at no charge to the customer and why isn't yours? Chances are you will get what you want, just may take time.

You don't need to have pictures, there is a service bulletin out there. I believe that eventually, with patience, you guys will get the pads. It is peanuts to Ford versus' the bad feelings to their customer base.

Again, hope you guys get your pads swapped and i would remember this before I bought another car from these dealers that are being ***** about it......

Ray

Reaction score
I took my 04 EB in to the Service Department after 1000 miles and talked to them about the dusty brake pads. They said the new ones were not under Ford Warranty but they would replace them at No charge anyway. So they ordered them and it took a month to come in as so many people are replacing the pads. They installed them this week and I have seen an 80% drop in dust and have not found any change in stopping power. So I'm very happy with the Dealer and the new pads.

OP
OP
G

Well, after raising a little stink at Ted Britt Ford in Northern Virginia, looks like they are going to meet me half way ( I think that means they will perform the labor to replaced the front and rear pads for free ) I will have to pay for the pads. The reason I don't have a definite answer yet is that I have been trading voicemails with the Service Manager. He mentioned the pads are about $250.00. I have only had the EB Exby for two months, unfortunetely it was built in 10-2003. Glad to hear the new pads make a big difference. As I finalize details this week, I'll let ya know what happened.

OP
OP
G

I had the same experience as did RAY. Dealership was very accomodating. I made mention to them that it was getting old that I was having to wash almost daily. I found that my 04 Expy was placed into service 4 days prior to the new updated pads came out. I didn't have to asked, they just said they would update at no charge. I guess I would expect this type of service when spending the amount of money I did on a new Expedition.

OP
OP
G

I have an 03 Expedition built in June of 03. Of course, it has the old pads. Due to the severe winter conditions here with snow and salt, didn't wash the vehicle much. Cleaned the vehicle thoroughly the other day and found that the accumulated brake dust was starting to eat through the thin wheel coating and into the aluminum wheel. Vehicle has 34+ thousand miles on it. Took it to the dealer for routine maintenance (oil change, tire rotation, etc) and just mentioned the problem with the brake dust and wheels. I was on my way out the door to pick up the vehicle when the dealership called and said "If you can leave the vehicle with us overnight, you can pick it up tomorrow late afternoon with new brakes AND wheels!" Of course, I've been a customer for a long time and have bought many vehicles from them. Talk about good customer service!!!!!!!!