New First Gen In The Works!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went and looked at this 2001 5.4 EB today! Its got every option i believe! The interior is in like new condition! It drives like its new! Puts my 97 to shame! The only problem i found is two spots of bubbling paint on the front edge of the hood and a couple of scratches I can remove!

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/2926297466.html

Im in the process of taking lights, HID's, SD tranny cooler etc.. off my 97.

Filled out the loan form and the salesman went and talked to the loan officer. He came back and said that he had good news and bad news! lol!

I said give me the bad news first! and he said the banks arent opened today
(I already knew this!) so we wont get an answer till Mon. I already knew this also!

Then i said what is the good news? He said he doesnt see a reason why I wouldnt get approved! He said he will call me with the answer Mon morning!

IS IT MON YET!!!!!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Good luck and or Congrats!!

I would imagine the PI headed 5.4 should feel significantly more powerful than the non pi 4.6.

Good news is its an aluminum hood stock.... but mine has paint peeling issues up front. :(

workman8505

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just go ahead and buy this one and keep your 97 and send the 01 to me lol j/k
you can go ahead and send me that center console piece as well i need that for my project. lol
thats a great find man really clean truck good luck with it.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the new Ex. Remember, pics or it never happened.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rburch

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just go ahead and buy this one and keep your 97 and send the 01 to me lol j/k
you can go ahead and send me that center console piece as well i need that for my project. lol
thats a great find man really clean truck good luck with it.

I would LOVE to keep the 97! But I don't have cash down!

I would send you the 97 for $2000! But your not getting the 01! LOL!

The 97 is also back to stock form!

Everything I bought will be put on the 01!

Last edited:

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Burch...you will be pimpin! Congrats! Now save your money and get a Edge Programmer and bring that beast to life!!!!

workman8505

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man if only business were better i would jump on that if the trany in'your 97 wasn't messin up i would prob sell my 98 so i could have 4x4....... you made the mistake of telling me your trany was acting up lol idk my 98 has been really good to me so far only little things so far considering how i treat it if it were a chevy it woud have died right after i got it lol. and a side note my wife would shoot me if i did any of the above.

OP
OP
rburch

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man if only business were better i would jump on that if the trany in'your 97 wasn't messin up i would prob sell my 98 so i could have 4x4....... you made the mistake of telling me your trany was acting up lol idk my 98 has been really good to me so far only little things so far considering how i treat it if it were a chevy it woud have died right after i got it lol. and a side note my wife would shoot me if i did any of the above.

I have a brand new trans also!

But the deal is already worked out to trade it in!

I dont feel bad trading it in, but i wouldnt be comfortable selling it to anyone! Especially any of my friends here!

Things just started breaking faster than i could get the time and money to fix!

Here is a list lol:
tranny
front axle shaft bearing
ac compressor clutch
#4 plug well had oil in it the consistency of tar!

It was time for an upgrade! My 97 was showing its age everywhere but the paint!