New Head Unit (Maybe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm considering replacing the radio in my 2010 Expedition. (6 cd changer, no factory sub) While the stock actually sounds fairly decent, I mostly use a USB stick with music loaded on it and the album navigation is horrible. I know what it takes to do the steering wheel controls, etc. My main question is if the existing built in mic (wherever that is) will go into a mic input of a replacement unit, or will I have to run a new one? My son's Chevy truck could not use the existing mic since it was all tied into their Onstar system. Is this going to be the same issue for the SYNC system?

Anyone have recommendations for units that aren't so glossy that they are impossible to see in any sun? The Kenwood unit that is in my son's truck makes it easier to see the passenger than the actual display. I'm sure I will lose rear seat controls, and that was never used anyway. I do have an overhead DVD player, but haven't used that in the year we've had this vehicle. Don't think the actual DVD part is working, but I'm not sure how or if that is tied into the existing system. I'm not looking for filling the truck with subs, just decent sound for my commute and trips. Something easy to see, navigate, good sound, for around $300 head unit plus steering wheel adapter. Was thinking a double DIN, but if i can't find an easy to read screen in the sun, a single DIN may have to be the way to go.

Any experience, thoughts, suggestions?

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my Kenwood in my car, the screen is adjustable with about 6 different angles, including a reverse angle (pointing down)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire