New member from Ky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldnerdguy

Reaction score
Hello. I should have found this area first. I just jumped in on some other threads.
We have a 2017 XLT with the trailer tow package.
Got it just over a year ago. The Sales guy talked me into getting this one as I was considering waiting for the 18 model. Glad I got this one.
We needed something more for hauling our family of 5 than my truck and her car. We needed more space. We did our research on reviews and bang for the buck and went with gone Expy.
I am not a brand loyal person but Ford is up there on the list of repeat buys for us.

We also have a 99 Mustang GT. Procharged and the normal mustang stuff. The kids love it. It is kind of loud and that relates to fast for them.
Our older son likes the turbo noise on the Expy. I read that a CAI lets the turbo whine come through a little more, so that may have to be a mod for us. Performance is not a driver for the mods on the Expy, function is more important.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just picked me up a 17 xlt and I like it a lot. I am not a brand loyal kinda of guy but just like you I have had more fords than anything. I have had several mustangs as well. I’ve had a 88 gt, 91 lx coupe, and a 98 gt convertible. Like I said I am not brand loyal but I am loyal to my money and I got a real good deal on this vehicle. I was looking for something that would tow a travel trailer and my family of 5 and some dogs. This was the best bang for the buck I thought. I am pretty happy with the buy.

OP
OP
O

Oldnerdguy

Reaction score
We are in the Bowling Green area.

J82 - Same for us. Wife and me and 3 boys. No dogs as of now but the boys are asking.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We are in the Bowling Green area.

J82 - Same for us. Wife and me and 3 boys. No dogs as of now but the boys are asking.
Awesome I have 2 girls and 1 boy. I recommend acquiring a pet specially a dog. A breed that is good with kids and that requires activity levels like that of your family.