New owner, new member, first problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First problem with the new to me Expedition.
Found out today when using the rear washer, instead of spraying on the rear window, it leaks into the cabin. Found the rear washer hose is disconnected. Problem is, I can’t get to where it is supposed to connect. I need to remove the rear trim piece over the rear door opening. But I can’t figure out how to get it off. I’m thinking that it’s just snapped in, but I don’t want to break it.
Anyone removed this piece before? Or had the washer fluid leak into the cabin? Should I try to fix it myself, or just bring it to the dealership? We bought it last Friday (used) and have factory warranty plus an extended warranty, but my dealership is over an hour away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i literally just had this issue, the trim piece is held in with retaining clips be careful popping them out and you should be fine. The trim piece is only $30 or so to replace I believe (dealer fixed the problem for me under warranty). How this helps and let me know if you need any help and I’ll see what I can do to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk