New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of new tires for my 07 Expedition EB with the 20" option. Tire size is 275/55/20 I do a lot of highway traveling in the Spring and summer and will be hauling ATV's around. I need an all season cause I'm in Chicago and we have tons of snow right now. Looking to buy Asap but not sure what to get... I need help

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Firestone Destination AT's seem to be well reviewed on tirerack. If you sort the reviews by make, there are a few Expeditions with over 50,000 miles on them. It looks like their decent in winter too, but I can't find much about offroad performance.

Disclaimer: I got sucked into buying Continental DWS tires for my wifes RDX based on tirerack reviews, and they were absolutely horrible.

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My factory F150 takeoff 20s came with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas. They seem to be wearing like concrete and have left me so impressed with the winter performance that I'll be replacing them with the same tire again when they finally wear out at the end of this coming summer.

Edit
I just reread your post and saw that you may be doing some offroading. The only time I've been in mud with these tires was some really slick, sloppy, soupy mud. Wasn't too happy with their performance there.

Last edited:

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My factory F150 takeoff 20s came with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas. They seem to be wearing like concrete and have left me so impressed with the winter performance that I'll be replacing them with the same tire again when they finally wear out at the end of this coming summer.

Edit
I just reread your post and saw that you may be doing some offroading. The only time I've been in mud with these tires was some really slick, sloppy, soupy mud. Wasn't too happy with their performance there.

Weird, those are the tires I'm planning on putting on my wife's suv next.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Firestone Destination AT's seem to be well reviewed on tirerack. If you sort the reviews by make, there are a few Expeditions with over 50,000 miles on them. It looks like their decent in winter too, but I can't find much about offroad performance.

Disclaimer: I got sucked into buying Continental DWS tires for my wifes RDX based on tirerack reviews, and they were absolutely horrible.

Are you out of your mind?!? Ford SUV's and Firestone....haven't you learned anything from the early 2000's? haha

Attachments

• firestone_t640.jpg
    firestone_t640.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 411
OP
OP
Slick773

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm prob going to get some All Terrain tires but not sure which ones yet

OP
OP
Slick773

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up getting a set of 4 Cooper Discoverer A/T. So far I'm happy..