New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm due soon too. I had the Firestone Destination A/Ts on the Sequoia I had before this. Really liked them. I will likely go with them again. Not a fan of the H/Ls on my Expedition now.

davehitz

Reaction score
Michelin ltx ms2 is what I have on my 07. Best tire for all season applications. I do have experience with destination a/ts on my jeep and ridgeline. Great tires too. Work good in sticky and snowy situations. I think I would stick with the michelins though on Big Eddie. I also used to work for Firestone so I got good deals on tires. The exploder/wilderness problem was all fords fault though. Didn't set the requirement for air pressure high enough. Chevy and jeep used these tires and never had trouble...but hey, that's between Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To add a little to the thread - I had Destination ATs on the 02 Expy and was very happy with them.

On the 07, I replaced some Bridgestone AT (not Revo) with the Firestone Destination LE2s for a quieter ride and since I'm doing more on road than off road. I replaced them in August and they have been quite good. I've been impressed with the wet traction and highway tracking, plus they are pretty quiet (not as quiet as the Scorpion STR though).

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
(not as quiet as the Scorpion STR though).

Pirelli Scorpions... You couldn't pay me to run those again. I had two sets of the ATRs on my garage/road queen Super Duty and both sets were about done at 20k. Deep snow traction was terrible too.

Ddt944

Reaction score
I'm a store manager for Discount Tire here in Middle Tennessee. The best 275
/55-20's are the Michelin LTX M/S2. Less than a month after getting my '10 Expy the Michelins went on! Best riding, braking, handling and longest lasting tires you can get. Also Discount Tire will BEAT anyone's price on any wheel or tire made.

bd1980

Reaction score
I hate to say but I've been very disappointed with my Michelin's. I'm down to 4/32 in the rear after only 15,000 miles (7/32 up front). Yes, i should've rotated but I'm seriously way too busy that i really never got time. The only thing I can think it's that they don't like constant high speeds. I was driving 175 miles round trip every day for few months usually cruising about 75-80 the entire way (highway). Other than that I'm very easy on my tires. Drive like a grandma around town. They are quiet though!

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of new tires for my 07 Expedition EB with the 20" option. Tire size is 275/55/20 I do a lot of highway traveling in the Spring and summer and will be hauling ATV's around. I need an all season cause I'm in Chicago and we have tons of snow right now. Looking to buy Asap but not sure what to get... I need help
I am really loving my BFG Rugged Terrians. It was between those and a set of Goodyear Wranglers ATS. I went with the BFG's because I wouldn't get the other in time for my annual hunting trip to SoDak.

I was running Bridgestones before that and for an All-Season tire they did very good in the snow and light offroading.

igneous

Reaction score
Just got the Michelins mentioned already and what a difference compared to the Pirelli scorpions. You're lucky to get 45k out of the Pirelli's and the Michelins should go 70k+.
They're expensive, but tires are the one place where you don't go cheap.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just came out with a recall in their tires...primarily truck tires...I'll send info tomorrow

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't go to work so I will have my wife send them to me and I will post

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)