New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do get a 2" in the front. I'm driving it tonight on the highway and it's not as smooth as before.
@Knox GSL when you say not as smooth are you referring to going over bumps or vibration coming through the suspension.

Did the kit you installed consist of just spacers or did you install new springs and shocks as part of the kit?

OP
OP
K

Knox GSL

Reaction score
@Knox GSL when you say not as smooth are you referring to going over bumps or vibration coming through the suspension.

Did the kit you installed consist of just spacers or did you install new springs and shocks as part of the kit?

Everything in the road is felt. I just drove it about 300 miles and it seems to have gotten better. I'm thinking that part of it may be the tires going through a break in period as everything is better than when I left home. We don't put a lot of miles on a vehicle in town as I work from home and my wife's school is about 1/2 a mile away. We do travel to Alabama and Georgia to visit family often which is where we rack up most of our miles. I'm hoping that we get out and do some mountain trails north of Knoxville like we used to in our jeep now that our boys are old enough to go camping.

I used the ready lift setup.

In hindsight I think I would do the 2" rear spacers and an adjustable coilover in the front set to about 2" if lift. My F150 has a 2" spacer in the front and does much better than this so I may swap that out for now. You can run a 10 wide wheel with less back spacing with 2". My mistake was doing the "stance" thing with a negative off set which will rub with no lift. The tires are the same diameter as stock, just wider and more off set. 305/50/r20.

Overall I love the vehicle, massive amount of room, comfortable and it feels like driving a truck unlike many of the modern SUVs.

I've swapped the Ford logos front and back to black on chrome and some vent visors to help with summer heat.

I've averaged 16mpg so far, a little better than my truck but this is with 12" wide AT tires so that's not too bad.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man I thought ready lift guaranteed that your truck would ride factory even after their kit was installed. I don’t want a tougher ride. This truck rides perfect and as much as I want a life, I don’t want to kill ride quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything in the road is felt. I just drove it about 300 miles and it seems to have gotten better. I'm thinking that part of it may be the tires going through a break in period as everything is better than when I left home. We don't put a lot of miles on a vehicle in town as I work from home and my wife's school is about 1/2 a mile away. We do travel to Alabama and Georgia to visit family often which is where we rack up most of our miles. I'm hoping that we get out and do some mountain trails north of Knoxville like we used to in our jeep now that our boys are old enough to go camping.

I used the ready lift setup.

In hindsight I think I would do the 2" rear spacers and an adjustable coilover in the front set to about 2" if lift. My F150 has a 2" spacer in the front and does much better than this so I may swap that out for now. You can run a 10 wide wheel with less back spacing with 2". My mistake was doing the "stance" thing with a negative off set which will rub with no lift. The tires are the same diameter as stock, just wider and more off set. 305/50/r20.

Overall I love the vehicle, massive amount of room, comfortable and it feels like driving a truck unlike many of the modern SUVs.

I've swapped the Ford logos front and back to black on chrome and some vent visors to help with summer heat.

I've averaged 16mpg so far, a little better than my truck but this is with 12" wide AT tires so that's not too bad.
That's good to know and that's why I'm still on the fence about what to do. I don't really want to change the ride quality.

OP
OP
K

Knox GSL

Reaction score
Update. I got a set of hub centric rings for the wheels and the highway ride is much better. Now it's not stock but that faint off balance feel is gone and the front suspension is calmer.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Any pics of how far these wheels stick out? I'm looking for a 20x10 and not sure what offset I wanna go with. I'd Also be going with a 33" tire and have 2" of lift now. Any rubbing at all or areas that are close to rub?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah so if at all possible, do major changes one step at a time

If you just simultaneously throw on spacers in not one but TWO planes, new wheels, and new tires, who knows which part is messing up your ride

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
If you do get a 2" in the front. I'm driving it tonight on the highway and it's not as smooth as before.
I’ve got a Readylift 3/2 on my 16 and it rides way better than stock. Curious as to why urs is rough riding. What brand lift

OP
OP
K

Knox GSL

Reaction score
I’ve got a Readylift 3/2 on my 16 and it rides way better than stock. Curious as to why urs is rough riding. What brand lift
Ready lift as well. I did change out the shocks/springs as the same time but I think most of that issue is the maxed out upper control arms.