New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Knox GSL

Reaction score
Yeah so if at all possible, do major changes one step at a time

If you just simultaneously throw on spacers in not one but TWO planes, new wheels, and new tires, who knows which part is messing up your ride
I'll get some shots tomorrow if I can remember. Mine are 20x10 -24mm and they come out about 3". I'm running a 305/50r20 Cooper zeon. They ride well with the spacers which are essential if your hub bore is not the same as the truck. Looking back I agree with doing it in steps but I would have had to pay for labor multiple times. I dropped it off at the shop plain Jane and picked it up with the new shocks, spacers, brakes, wheels and tires. Trimmed a little off the running boards and front air damn.

OP
OP
K

Knox GSL

Reaction score
I'm still needing to change the plugs/coils as it's got the same weird skip my truck did. I also need to do a full fluid/filter change as well, that's gonna be $!

Head lights! These things are average at best on low beam and even worse on high beam. Short of some $1k set up what's a cost effective replacement that doesn't scream "I'm 16".

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'm still needing to change the plugs/coils as it's got the same weird skip my truck did. I also need to do a full fluid/filter change as well, that's gonna be $!

Head lights! These things are average at best on low beam and even worse on high beam. Short of some $1k set up what's a cost effective replacement that doesn't scream "I'm 16".
A projector retrofit will solve you lighting issue but you gotta do it yourself if you don't wanna spend a grand. An entire list of parts can be had for under $200 or if you want something better just about $300. Only takes a few hours of labor but well worth the money

20151101_145559.jpg

20151101_145308.jpg

20151101_140525.jpg

20170601_214658.jpg

OP
OP
K

Knox GSL

Reaction score
I may have to do that, I'll need to buy replacement lenses as well. Mine aren't cloudy but have cracks around the edges.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I may have to do that, I'll need to buy replacement lenses as well. Mine aren't cloudy but have cracks around the edges.
That makes the retro a whole lot easier because your not rushing to get them back in the truck. If you need any info or advise let me know

OP
OP
K

Knox GSL

Reaction score
So I didn't give much thought to slinging debris when getting this wheel/tire combo. Went to get lunch with the family today and we took the back roads home to check out some new construction sites. My boys (2 & 4) love the machines so we drove by all the dozers and excavators collecting lots of mud in the tires. When we got back in the road my wife is shaking her head at the amount of mud slinging and my oldest is telling me how cool it is. There were clumps on the hood, windshield and top.