Newbie question on spark plugs and tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Lee

Reaction score
Hi all. I bought an 06 expy AWD with 123k around 6 months ago. I read that plugs should be changed at 100k. After checking the Carfax I called the past dealerships to see if they changed the plugs but they hadn't. Of course that doesn't mean it wasn't done. so my question is--should I get the plugs changed as a preventive maintenance measure? I feel like the truck runs well--would it be pretty obvious at 123k that the plugs weren't changed? is there any way to tell?

Also I was going through the Ford scheduled service manual and I am confused on how often the tranny should be flushed. It seemed to me to imply that it didn't need to be flushed until 150k. Am I reading that right?

Thanks in advance.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If in doubt change them. Never flush a transmission - only change the fluid. Power flushing has raised all sorts of problems in the past. The more often the fluid is changed the longer life of the trans. On autos I don't go more than 50,000 miles.

Think of it as dish water. How often should you change it while washing dishes by hand? The longer you wait the less effective it is. Transmission fluid does wear out.