No option to turn off backup sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeuser123

Reaction score
Hi all. I replaced my instrument cluster because one of my gauges went bad. I installed the new one and it all worked. I tow a lot and anytime I am in reverse with a trailer it beeps like crazy. I look through the menu and there is no option to turn it off. On the old cluster, when I went in reverse and there was an option to tun it off. The cluster came from a junk vehicle. Any ideas?

Sent from my verizon iphone

B

bedrck46

do you have the nav system looking at the wiring diagram there may be two ways for you to install a switch in the circuit so you can shut the parking aid module and or the parking aid speaker off

B

bedrck46

my thoughts about one of the ways wont work so it may be best for you to find the parking aid module and install a switch in one of the speaker lines

you say the replacement cluster doesn't have an option to turn it off I am not sure and the service manual doesn't mention that it needs to be done but it could be possible that the PCM would need to be reprogramed to accept the replacement cluster that you may want to check with a ford dealer but the switch in the speaker line may be the easiest fix and the cheapest option