no sticky for spark plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, god forbid your answer isnt just accepted blindly by the general population... with all your internet credibility and all... seriously?

No need to get all bent about it. You gave me the best news Ive heard in a week about this truck and I was simply trying to get someone to confirm it. Yet here we are 3 post later and no confirmation, just twisted *******.

I have talked to 3 current master techs at ford this week and all 3 said it was still a problem as far as they knew, obviously they JUST see the problems so they were not aware of the fix.

And I bought this truck used, I have no freakin idea which spark plugs are in it... so nice job assuming things while 'leading me to water'...

As I pointed out, there's a search engine called Google. You could've researched it yourself instead of wanting to be spoon fed. There's also a long thread about the subject that I believe roxy linked for you.

Because Ford techs know everything. Like the one that told me my drop in filter was causing turbulence over the MAF sensor they diagnosed as bad.

Good luck with your truck.

OP
OP
dmercer3

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As I pointed out, there's a search engine called Google. You could've researched it yourself instead of wanting to be spoon fed. There's also a long thread about the subject that I believe roxy linked for you.

Because Ford techs know everything. Like the one that told me my drop in filter was causing turbulence over the MAF sensor they diagnosed as bad.

Good luck with your truck.

It hasn't taken me much reading to see that you have helped a bunch of people on here 01yellercobra. So with that said, I appreciate your assistance.

Now, if you are taking some previous interaction with a newcomer out on me your barking up the wrong tree. Throwing google at someone is just bad form and just plain ****** me off, and it shows you are making a stupid assumption about me rather than trying to help me.

Firstly, I did i do my research before even going to the dealer about OEM plugs, unfortunately I bought the truck used, I cannot assume the stock spark plugs are in it, and I gave you no indication to assume as much either.

Further, I hope you continue your service here to everyone as you seem very knowledgeable, but as the appropriate metaphor would stipulate; you sit in your big truck and forget about the people in the other vehicles around you, busy being absorbed by your own arrogance. What you will find is karma typically comes back to bite us, and if our paths should cross your going to find out what happens when you step out of your big truck and the other guy steps out of his and you find yourself wondering what the hell you were thinking.

Carry on.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why is it that when we suggest that someone google something or that we suggest reading the owners manual that the person those comments too

Again as I said before you asked a question and was given an answer and you replied with asking for someone to second that.

That would indicate to me that you didn't do much research and that you just kept trying to get other and more opinions

No one was taking anything out on you instead you were being pointed in the right direction.

I got the impression that after you talked to 3 master mechanic that you still didn't believe what was told to you.

The information that was given to you
"The 2010's don't have the two piece spark plugs. So you don't have to do all the voodoo that the earlier models need." was correct

After I read that reply to you I went on advanced auto's web site and checked to see what plugs for the 2010 and 2008 model years and it clearly showed the required plugs

now if I was able to do that you should have been able also And had you done that you would have found the information that you Had to ask if someone could confirm what 01yellerCobra had replied.

Again my impression was you didn't do much research and wanted to be spoon feed

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It hasn't taken me much reading to see that you have helped a bunch of people on here 01yellercobra. So with that said, I appreciate your assistance.

Now, if you are taking some previous interaction with a newcomer out on me your barking up the wrong tree. Throwing google at someone is just bad form and just plain ****** me off, and it shows you are making a stupid assumption about me rather than trying to help me.

Firstly, I did i do my research before even going to the dealer about OEM plugs, unfortunately I bought the truck used, I cannot assume the stock spark plugs are in it, and I gave you no indication to assume as much either.

Further, I hope you continue your service here to everyone as you seem very knowledgeable, but as the appropriate metaphor would stipulate; you sit in your big truck and forget about the people in the other vehicles around you, busy being absorbed by your own arrogance. What you will find is karma typically comes back to bite us, and if our paths should cross your going to find out what happens when you step out of your big truck and the other guy steps out of his and you find yourself wondering what the hell you were thinking.

Carry on.

I wasn't taking anything out on you. Just pointing out some research on your part would have given you the same answer I did. I'm sorry, but I don't see how suggesting you do your own research is bad form. If I don't know something a forum is usually the last place I go to for an answer.

Soo...I'm arrogant and drive a big truck? As you've pointed out, I don't know much about you so that means you don't know a whole lot about me. You don't know how much help I've given off this board. You don't know how I am in person.

And you might want to watch how you word things. Most people would take that last comment as a threat. Me, I don't care. It's the internet and life's too short to take it seriously.

OP
OP
dmercer3

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why is it that when we suggest that someone google something or that we suggest reading the owners manual that the person those comments too

Again as I said before you asked a question and was given an answer and you replied with asking for someone to second that.

That would indicate to me that you didn't do much research and that you just kept trying to get other and more opinions

No one was taking anything out on you instead you were being pointed in the right direction.

I got the impression that after you talked to 3 master mechanic that you still didn't believe what was told to you.

The information that was given to you
"The 2010's don't have the two piece spark plugs. So you don't have to do all the voodoo that the earlier models need." was correct

After I read that reply to you I went on advanced auto's web site and checked to see what plugs for the 2010 and 2008 model years and it clearly showed the required plugs

now if I was able to do that you should have been able also And had you done that you would have found the information that you Had to ask if someone could confirm what 01yellerCobra had replied.

Again my impression was you didn't do much research and wanted to be spoon feed

again, if you buy a vehicle with 100k miles on it and assume you know what spark plugs are in it you have no business giving advice here. Again, for the 3rd time, the 3 master techs told me something completely different from what was said here, so again you are wrong. I dont know why are you just restating your opinions instead of actually reading what I wrote.

Asking for a second opinion indicates lack of research? .. I dont even know where to start dissecting that statement, its just unfounded and ridiculous. There is no such indication for lack of research in seeking a second opinion. If you blindly accept anything anyone tells you, thats your problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmercer3

dmercer3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As I pointed out, there's a search engine called Google. You could've researched it yourself instead of wanting to be spoon fed.

THIS is were you came off arrogant. You assumed I did not do my research before coming here.

If someone asks you a question you automatically assume they did not do adequate research elsewhere first?

I told you jokers three times that my truck had 100k miles on it when I bought it, and that I would not assume the OEM spark plugs are indeed the spark plugs needing replacement.

When I do a weeks worth of research, and talk to 3 ford mechanics, all giving me different answers, and then all of the forum information ALSO giving different answers, THEN I come on here and ask a question.

So my research was done, many answers were found, and you gave a unique answer as well. So when I simply take the good news you gave me and ask if anyone else had found the same result YOU TOOK OFFENSE!

Then you have the nerve to say that you are not being offensive.

If I ask my doctor for a second opinion its no big deal but all of a sudden some internet ford forum GOD gets his ******* in a bunch...

and go ahead and tell me to be careful, Im not hard to find.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes but the Doctor charges you and it will cost you to get a second opinion from a second or third or fourth doctor.

As I said before you were given good and accurate answer and you reply by asking for confirmation from someone else. Look up the model year and the parts required and you would have found what you wanted. IMHO all you did was to give 01yellerCobra
a slap in the face for trying to help you.

Is you new avatar designed to scare someone because they are a dime a dozen

{Closed by request} moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.