Noise on start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update:
I ordered the 5 Star locked VCT tune and flashed my PCM today.
Wow what a difference. The check engine light is gone, and the increase in power is noticeable.
Locking out the VCT might not have been everyone’s first choice...but fuel economy is slightly up and power feels fully restored with the tune.
The SCT X4 was a cinch to use too.
Kudos to 5 Star

2007 Ford Expedition Limited
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Ford sees this they might just eliminate the VCTs...………:emotions34: By the time you spent all the time and money on that plus paying those rumpkins to jam it up you could have just left those good VCTs alone and just spent $100 on one in the future without even removing the front timing plate and that's if it ever even needs one. Sorry about the extended rhetoric but we tried to tell you. Mukuloco won't touch those jammers.

Last edited:

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If Ford sees this they might just eliminate the VCTs...………:emotions34: By the time you spent all the time and money on that plus paying those rumpkins to jam it up you could have just left those good VCTs alone and just spent $100 on one in the future without even removing the front timing plate and that's if it ever even needs one. Sorry about the extended rhetoric but we tried to tell you. Mukuloco won't touch those jammers.
If he likes it and it's working for him you should just shut up already.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score

‘Tried to tell me’?
My gosh. I gave an update on MY post that the lockouts and custom tune are working great, and you still can’t let it go. Move along and play god with someone else.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
‘Tried to tell me’?
My gosh. I gave an update on MY post that the lockouts and custom tune are working great, and you still can’t let it go. Move along and play god with someone else.

You wanted our advice and then you didn't take it which is annoying. Working kinda' great but you will take another hit when you go to sell it...…….if it passes smog.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You wanted our advice and then you didn't take it which is annoying. Working kinda' great but you will take another hit when you go to sell it...…….if it passes smog.

I asked for advice on WHAT the sound was at start up.
I didn’t ask you for advice on HOW to fix it.
You’ve offered it more than once. Duly noted.
Others have asked you to shut up as well.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I asked for advice on WHAT the sound was at start up.
I didn’t ask you for advice on HOW to fix it.
You’ve offered it more than once. Duly noted.
Others have asked you to shut up as well.

Sorry I tried to help you, but now you added a band-aid to a band-aid and I'm not happy for you.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry I tried to help you, but now you added a band-aid to a band-aid and I'm not happy for you.

The psychology behind the ass now playing the victim is far lengthier than this forum deserves.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If he likes it and it's working for him you should just shut up already.
I see your point but it irks me that everyone tried to help him and then he listened to the shysters were he had it fixed and screwed up his own car plus paid to have it done.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see your point but it irks me that everyone tried to help him and then he listened to the shysters were he had it fixed and screwed up his own car plus paid to have it done.

Again...I didn’t ask for help on HOW to fix it. Read the original post and title.
Are you listening at all?
The shop they fixed it was professional and did a great job. EVERY single other shop I checked would only replace the whole engine. I don’t recall you offering to pay for either solution.
Go piss off some navigator owners and tell them what to do...and leave the expedition owners to fix their own trucks.