Ok radio heads, let's talk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red423

Reaction score
I just bought an off brand 2 din w/gps on ebay. it has steering wheel control, all the gadgets. My question is I have an 03 early edition EB, it has rear controls for mode, volume, and headphones. Have any of you been able to install one of these ebay units and still have all the controls working? I am not after dvd playback, we went for the GPS in dash and the ability to bluetooth and mp3 songs as we are tired of scratched CD's and the kid has an over head dvd as it is in the back seat. My question is will the chinese head unit wire up correctly? Yes i already ordered Block connectors off Amazon for the new install.
It is a Eonon G2104, in case you are wondering.

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am about to ask the same question as Im planning to buy a stereo to change my stock stereo, the only thing Im not sure about is will my rear audio control still gonna be functional.

Hopefully someone gonna answer our questions.

Thank you.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When i changed out my factory head unit the rear controls no longer worked with the new pioneer head unit.

Last edited:

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did it affect those speakers at the back too? May I know what did you do to rectify the issue?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When i changed the head unit, all the speakers still work, I didn't use the rear controls, so it didn't bother me to lose them. I never looked into finding a fix for it. And im on my 2nd aftermarket head unit.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same here....all speakers worked and as long as you have the PAC harness u will keep the steering wheel controls

OP
OP
R

red423

Reaction score
oooops I guess i missed the PAC harness...............

Ok so I am shopping on eat me bay, and spot a 2 din 65w 4 channel with sub rca jacks, SW control, the works, usb bluetooth DVD, camera input and about a bazillion other things I don't even know how they work yet. It's an Eonon, with GPS.
I won it including shipping for 135.00 it came fed ex from Hong kong.
I am not an audiophile but we are tired of the 6 disc cd that came with my 03, scratched cd's, wires hanging when I use the GPS.
I went to Best Butt to get an install kit as the unit doesn't come with any hardware, it came with kudos map, GPS, USB I pad connector and a remote control. It has micro usb and sd card input.Also remote microphone for the bluetooth phone use. The kids over Best Butt installation showed me a few tricks to install. I got the wiring harness adapter off Amazon (7.50) and it took me a couple days to figure it all out and wire it in. No I can't get the rear controls to work buuut I have an email to the factory to help with that. The sound is much better than the OEM unit, I still have factory speakers and sub, it sounds like a movie theater when you play a DVD. It wired right up to the ford wiring, annnnnd it has a learning mode for SW controls which I did too. My steering wheel control works with no additional parts or adapters, my back up camera is in the dash now and this thing is the shiznits....................The GPS is funny talking but the maps can be seen in 3d mode which puts the old tom tom to shame. Good luck with those 600.00 pioneers. kids over BB told me this unit is the same upgrade they install in Volkswagons when you upgade to GPS, even had an ISO connector for VW, My daughter and I are loving this unit and for the cost seeings how my expy is for towing our boat and hauling materials, the price was right in line.........................., oh and I can play the radio in the front seats, play the DVD into the rear speakers or the OH we already have in the rear seats. This unit is ten times the units offered here in the USA for over 300.
Oh and even if I don't get those rear controls working???? it came with a remote control and the remote will upload BT songs..........go figure........red423

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it the G2112 model?

Last edited: