only have reverse.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cynthia

Reaction score
It won't go forward. Working perfectly no indication of any problems. Killed it went back started it and it wouldn't go forward only in reverse. happened to me in my 2002 Ford expedition and a friends son's did the exact same thing killed it at the store and when started it again no forward gears. Never slipped or gave any indication of a problem

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has any fluid been added to the trans lately?
Reverse requires the highest line pressure, so that tells you the pump is working since it will move in reverse. See how it works when the trans fluid is cold (thicker).

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to insult you but did you check the level with the engine running? I know you said it was full

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Test it without any pedal application. You will feel it engauge at idle. Most people will put their foot into it if it doesn't go into gear thinking it will help - it doesn't. Should it go into gear while you have the pedal down you may end up toasting the gear sets inside. The resulting grinding sound you hear is the $100's leaving your wallet.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, oh. Not sounding good. I worry you will be needing a rebuild. Sounds like the forward drum is stripped out. Not uncommon with these rigs.

Good luck