P0305 for weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pedrero

Reaction score
I have tried to resolve this on my own for a while now. I am worried if I do not get it fixed it will cause more damage. I keep getting a P0305 error no matter what I try. I brought it to a mechanic because the check engine light went on but I was also due for an oil change. The mechanic said it was a fuel injector and would cost $350 to change it. I thought that seemed a little high so I told him to hold off a while and I would bring it back. I asked him to put in a can of seafoam to see if that would resolve the issue. A few days later the code was still there so I called my buddy who works on cars and he said I could change it on my own because it is near the fron of the engine. Here is what I ended up doing,

1. Changed the fuel injector.
2. Changed the coil.
3. Changed the Spark Plug with new Moror Craft
4. Added another can of Seafoam.

The error code keeps coming back. I don't know what esle to do. :shrug:
I need to bring my truck on a long trip next month hauling my camper from NJ to WV and I don't want any problems. Please help and remember that although I am a little handy I am not familiar with all of the technical jargon.

Thanks

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How is it running?... Does it buck and jerk a little when at idle and when you give it the gas on the road? Does it seem a little sluggish accelerating, 0 to 40ish?

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok... stupid question... did you reset the computer? disconnect battery for like thirt min it will go off naturally drive it awhile and if it comes back then you know you didnt fix it with your repairs

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how much you want to bet its the vacuum line behind the TB??? isnt that code one of the codes that comes up when you get a hole in that elbow?

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where's waldo? Hey welcome to the forum....

Did he think he was posting on the other site & didn't expect a reply for a couple of days? :shrug:

:joke: :rotflmao:

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how much you want to bet its the vacuum line behind the TB??? isnt that code one of the codes that comes up when you get a hole in that elbow?

Are you telling me the hole in the vacuum line will trip a specific misfire code? (rather than any one of the 8 holes?)... :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda where are you its been a few hours... i thought u where on here more then me:rotflmao:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am on here more than you. but your catching up... maybe not! 1000+ vs 100+. haha but yeah that stupid little elbow behind the TB will trigger a code. i know my tank ran like crap when i had the hole. and i kept getting code after code after code. and i think i saw lanes thread on the old site and fixed it. then i joined a few months later.

OP
OP
P

pedrero

Reaction score
It idles a little jerkey but after taking it on the highway it seems to run better but not perfect.