Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angry owner

Reaction score
I am definitely not a lawyer!

but I've been to 2 dealerships and have been told the same thing.

I don't think those statements are independent. the chart on page 8 of the warranty says Corrosion (perforation only) --> 5yrs/unlimited miles.

but I really have nothing else to lose. I'll argue for anything if it will help my case.

angry owner

Reaction score
ok, I have reviewed the 2016 warranty versus the 2015. there is the added clause about aluminum corrosion. I will try again specifically pointing this out.

angry owner

Reaction score
the paint repair on my 2016 has been approved! it seemed like nobody was aware of the verbiage on the aluminum that was added. but they are now!

Thanks, theoldwizard1!!

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may have posted this before, but here is how I would handle this IF the dealership and Ford are not willing to help and you have a legitimate claim. Simply create a large sign stating something along the lines of "Research Ford Truck Corrosion BEFORE You Buy Your Next Ford" and camp yourself out on the right-of-way near the dealership. My guess is they'll be willing to work with you pretty quickly. Important note: You can not say anything on your sign that isn't true, or that is libelous or slanderous. You also shouldn't go on their property and you definitely cannot block others from coming and going. That said, you have a 1st amendment right, use it.

Again, this is my preferred method, I'm not advising anyone. I'm sure someone can come up with something more catchy to put on a sign as well. Even better if you can get a few people out there with you.

Tbone

Reaction score
Wish I knew about this before I had my 2007 hood and gate repainted. Rocker panels have also rotted completely away. These trucks have very poor rust and paint prevention.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wish I knew about this before I had my 2007 hood and gate repainted. Rocker panels have also rotted completely away. These trucks have very poor rust and paint prevention.
Paint bubbling on aluminum panels warranty only applies to 2016 and beyond.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The aluminum corrosion on the fords is definitely no good. As far as rocker panels And other body panels they go on most of these full size SUVs whether it be chevy Tahoe, Ford Expedition, Dodge Durango and they start going bad before the vehicle is a decade old up north. Most body on frame vehicles it seems over unibody vehicles do this. I think less attention is paid to the body on vehicles with a truck chassis underneath. Scratch that I think the panels are thinner as a unibody has no frame so the body is the structure. I just saw a 2008 Infiniti QX86 (looked at registration) that was all rusty underneath last week. Nice black truck too. Nissan Armadas rust on the tailgates and fenders. Toyota Sequias have major frame rot problems and running board issues. Tahoes rust on the rear quarter panels and the headlights fog over. You can go find a dodge that's just a few years old with holes right through the rocker panels. My point is all these full size trucks have their issues you aren't escaping it no matter what you buy. That Infiniti also had rope hanging out of the tire.... they got their money's worth out of that set.

Wanna know what my fix was for peeling paint on the aluminum on my explorer? I bought a duplicolor touch up stick removed loose paint and coated it... never looked bad again... talk about a cheap fix... LOL. And people are having emotional breakdowns over this. (Justified if your truck is brand new)

Last edited: