Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An engineer, huh? I've heard it all now.

Time to stick a for sale sign in my 72 year old, all aluminum & factory unpainted 1946 Luscombe 8E before its panels harden, become weak and crack, and the whole thing turns into dust. Just glad Ford didn't paint it I guess.

Tell your engineer friend I've got a bridge for sale.

Is that why my tailgate will have holes perforating through it and it’s turning to dust before my eyes as the paint bubbles way? because aluminum lasts forever? And it’s been resprayed but one winter later!!! LOL. I mean come on it’s laughable how you tirelessly defend every engineered in failure ford has made. Go buy your new $80,000 2018 expy with your aluminum body and V6.

Last edited:

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are covered under warranty which changed in 2016 model year.

pretty sure they aren’t covered. That’s a hood and tailgate warranty, the rest of the body needs perforations through the aluminum in order to be fixed.
I was referring SPECIFICALLY to your comment on F150 paint peeling.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was referring SPECIFICALLY to your comment on F150 paint peeling.

Well that’s good, they have five years of protection then. This place is NOT a ford fan so I take his word with a grain of salt.... I didn’t see any peeling F-150, nor have I in any parking lot. as soon as I mentioned the rockers I got all the “typical ford” bs lines from them.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
pretty sure they aren’t covered. That’s a hood and tailgate warranty, the rest of the body needs perforations through the aluminum in order to be fixed. Trust me ford doesn’t want their trucks to last forever. My trucks going in soon for rocker panels and a wheel well repair as well. My dads buddy is a failure engineer for GM, these companies design their products to fail. In fact they spend MILLIONS to ensure they eventually do, especially on the newer vehicles they are getting worse. Sealed transmissions we can’t service with lifetime fluid are a perfect example. The “lifetime” of the tranny is the lifetime of the fluid (roughly 150,000-175,000 miles).

Not being a know it all or trying to sound like a dick, but a lot of people put blind faith in these companies thinking they have our back. They spend MILLIONS to make sure parts fail.

Modern transmissions that are “sealed” - usually meaning there is no fluid dipstick, can have the fluid changed. Many now require a special procedure and special tools - which may require a trip to your authorized dealer.

The days of dropping the transmission pan to replace the filter and fluid in your driveway with the vehicle on ramps is almost gone.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I encourage anyone interested to read on on “age hardening” of aluminum alloys, a process that Flexpedition thinks is non existent even though it’s been throughly proven and there have been many studies on it as well as the other effects of aging and corrosion on aluminum alloys. it’s not a forever material by any means. :) Another reason why many stopped using it on larger vessels after experimentation with the material.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I encourage anyone interested to read on on “age hardening” of aluminum alloys, a process that Flexpedition thinks is non existent even though it’s been throughly proven and there have been many studies on it as well as the other effects of aging and corrosion on aluminum alloys. it’s not a forever material by any means. :) Another reason why many stopped using it on larger vessels after experimentation with the material.

Dude, age hardening is exactly what you want when it comes to aluminum. Read that a few times so it sinks in.

You clearly have no idea what age hardening is and are trying to equate its two words into something that decays and becomes brittle over a span of time, like a plastic bushing or bones or something left out in the sun. I don't think there was a boat ever built with aluminum that wasn't age hardened. If there was, it'd be the SS Reynolds Wrap.

To top it off you encourage others to read up on a subject that you haven't - whats that all about?

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just discovered my CPO 2016 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4WD purchased last month has this on the tailgate.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just discovered my CPO 2016 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4WD purchased last month has this on the tailgate.

Your 2016 should be warranted I’d take it in, be aware it will come back even after the warranty “repair” but it may buy you a year. They aren’t going to give a new tailgate they are just going to repaint the contaminated panel and unfortunately it will be back..... I just try to ignore it.