Painted Runing Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blware84

Reaction score
Ok so I'm about to put my truck in the shop to get painted this weekend. The color is Plat Ice diamond pearl, with a blue Ice pearl going through...so it will flip colors like the new escalades. But anyways...I want the outside of my running boards painted like the limited Expys, but the guy told me the paint wouldn't stick. So do you guys know where I can find some of those running boards like the ones on the limited with the painted boards. Mine is an 03. So I guess the ones from 03-06 would fit. Let me know something.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my sig... go to our other site and talk with Josh@tascaparts... he is a vendor on there and soon both sites will be one

af mezkin

Reaction score
Paint will stick to plastic, you just have to apply plastic adhesive promoter before you apply your base coat and clear coat.
I painted my door panels on my 03' Expy along with my rear tail lights using the plastic adhesive promoter before I applied the base and clear coats.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint will stick to plastic, you just have to apply plastic adhesive promoter before you apply your base coat and clear coat.
I painted my door panels on my 03' Expy along with my rear tail lights using the plastic adhesive promoter before I applied the base and clear coats.

did you use night shade or did you literally paint the tails...i did the night shade (1st timer)...not so hot...but others make it look easy