Phone keeps disconnecting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious why this is happening to you so I've been "cruisin the net". I don't have an iphone so I can't determine if options I've read about are still valid with the latest and greatest.

One thread I came across state to make sure "always connect" is checked in the bluetooth settings on the device being paired.

Another states to disconnect the vehicle battery for 5 mins to cause a hardware reset on the vehicle then go back through the pairing process. Other modules in the vehicle may lose memory settings, seats - radio etc.

Check for updare:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure youre deleting your phone on both phone and media settings, i forgot to mention that sooner. It wont do you any good if you do these steps only for media and not for he phone. You will do this in media>user device>bts>devices screen as well as the phone>devices screen.The screens look similar but theres a separate connection screen for phone and media. I discovered this when messing with my phone. Also, if your phone is set as a favorite, youll have to take it off favorite first then delete, and youll have to make sure its not on favorties for both phone and media settings. You may not have to do a hard reset often since you have a iphone 6 but if you had the phone for awhile and havent been prompted to do one in about a mnths time i would def recommend it. Unfortunately i do not have an iphone so i dont know the hard reset process on it but googling Or youtube it will help. Dont give up on it either, it will work again, its just a bit more intricate then you would think it is. My 15 mazda 6 used to give me problems with bt and the fords is worlds more advance and these trucks have older systems as well.

Last edited:

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
I can't get my truck to delete my phone. I got it to delete my daughter's iPod. But my phone continues to show up. And by hard reset on the phone, do you mean the power and front button at the same time until it restarts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey iamhollyb,

Have you tried performing a master reset? The instructions can be found in the link above Rebecca provided.

Whitney

OP
OP
I

iamhollyb

Reaction score
I did do a master reset a couple of times and nothing...then on Saturday I got a call and lo and behold, it routed through the truck! I hadn't done anything except for give up on Friday. It's been working fine since. So annoying that it wouldn't work, but I'm glad it's working now!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is another possibility we didn't address:
wait for it........
the ol' seat - steering wheel interface.......

Sorry but couldn't resist - it was a long day in the "land of the __________"

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

iamhollyb

Reaction score
Lol! Yah, that wasn't the problem. I'm completely baffled as to why it wigged out. I tried to delete it from the phone as well as media lists, deleted Sync from my phone, did master resets (where it didn't delete anything), turned my phone off and on... Just weird.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've found that my iPhone 6 Plus doesn't play nicely with my 2012's Sync system. It won't always automatically connect, even if the phone if sitting in the car. Most times I need to manually force a connection. It's annoying, but I've gotten used to it. I almost wish I didn't have the sync system since my Alpine head unit has better Bluetooth, but I like using the integrated microphone so I don't have the Alpine one hanging off the headliner. Other than that, Sync is useless to me.

Sorry I don't have a better contribution or solution to your BT issue.

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I posted above, but for those who missed it, I have the same symptoms with my Android Droid Maxx. I don't think it's a phone type issue, but it could be that software updates on the phone have progressed beyond Sync technology. Even after paying for a SYNC update, I still have the problem. Really irritating that software updates are a FORD profit center. I like the Google model a lot better.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I posted above, but for those who missed it, I have the same symptoms with my Android Droid Maxx. I don't think it's a phone type issue, but it could be that software updates on the phone have progressed beyond Sync technology. Even after paying for a SYNC update, I still have the problem. Really irritating that software updates are a FORD profit center. I like the Google model a lot better.

How did you pay for a Sync update for your 2012? I haven't seen where Ford updated the Sync system for our trucks.

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Sit tight and keep periodically checking your Owner.Ford.com accounts for a new SYNC update. I don't have an ETA, but my sources tell me soon. :)

Rebecca