PinStripe Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DSCN0263.jpg
This is what it looked like after I removed original 4x4 sticker, EDGE, and Pinstrip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
U don't need that...use a heat gun or hair blow dryer...put it on the pin stripe to heat up the glue...once u get it going...take ur time pulling...comes right off...don't need a stupid tool...lol...or just wait till its HOT out like I did...uses a blade to pull up a little piece and gently pull to remove...THATS IT!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

And nooo you don't need a stupid tool but it was really handy ;)

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I removed my pinstripes and door molding with a heat gun, a hair dryer will work tho, They do make a less expensive rubber eraser wheel for the end of a drill if you choose to go that route? After removal I would clay bar the area and put a few coats of wax on it.

Depending on age of how long the stripe has been on it, mine being 11 years old when removed you can still see the halo in the sunlight, even after a high speed buffer has gone over it with a cutting compound, Its not bad but i know its there, I will attempt to wet sand and buff it in the future

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm thinking about takin' mine off as well, however i want to restripe it black after i plastidip the rims, bumpers & wheel well trim.