Possible add on's for a 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to add on the automatic very rear windows. My expo doesn't have them and I would like to be able to have those slant open for low wind noise but some fresh air. I have the ceiling gear and can tell there are the punch out's for the switches that would be necessary, but I don't know if it is possible to install the motors needed and everything or if it's an option you can get from the factory only basically.

Also I was thinking about getting xenon lights for my car and don't really have any expeirence with any of the kits that I see. Basically the only place I have been able to find the kit's are on ebay, anyone have any good or bad things to say about buying those. I'm just a little worried because it seems like they may be cheap and I don't want to buy a system that burns a bulb out every 2 months. Thanks for any advice.

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've bought HID's for two cars from xenonexpert. They theoretically have a lifetime warranty on bulbs. I've been pretty happy with them.

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the light info, do you guys know if you purchase that if it is both high and low beam? Also any ideas as for the rear cargo area/3rd row seat windows and getting those to be able to slant open?

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh....and MadTxn which lights did you purcahse from xenonexpert? There seems to be a lot of different options and I didn't know if you had a recomendation. -Thanks

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would not buy them for your high beams, as you can damage the ballasts with repeated flashing. I ordered the DDM 4500K kit, although on my Fusion I had the Apexcone 5000K. The 5000 is more blue. I probably should've ordered that again, but whatever.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get bi-xenons, you'll keep your high beams. They have a little motor that moves the bulbs a little, so the light is redirected.