Power Running Board Motor and Bracket Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sthamlyn

Reaction score
The driver's side power running board motor on my 2012 Expedition failed so I ordered and received a Doorman replacement motor and bracket. The new unit doesn't have the extended hinge pin that connects the front & rear lift brackets via a tube. Do I need that connecting tube or will it work without it. I really don't see that it has any particular function except to maybe assist and synchronize the rear bracket with the front.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@sthamlyn I have moved your post to correct section (3rd Gen) for you to get help.
You need to put your year and trim in your post.

There is a search box top right of this page. If you put in "power running boards" you will find many threads on the subject. If you still have questions bring them back here to your thread.

Welcome to the forum

OP
OP
S

sthamlyn

Reaction score
I tried the search as you suggested but it said there was a problem, that being they couldn't find me (my email address). ?????

bosco35

Reaction score
What did you do with your running boards? I have a 2012 Max and the brackets have all cracked.

JwarrenCarter

Reaction score
2010 Expedition EL Limited
Much like the main question, I too have to replace bracket and motor for the power running boards.