projector HID retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after a bit more research, and running across this thread (Lightning Headlight MH1 Projector Retrofit guide!!! - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans), I've decided I will likely go with the Morimoto mini H1's, which apparently won't require any cutting of the buckets. I actually have the same aftermarket lenses he used already.

I'm going to skip the rest of their kit for now. I'll probably do a DDM tuning HID set as I've had good luck with them in the past. I've also recently setup a 40amp relay to power the HIDs for this last set to try to get rid of some flickering issues, so I'll just grab the projectors and shrouds from TRF, probably sans halo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those things look tiny compared to mine lol. I wonder how the light output compares? if you're not comfortable cutting I can see the benefit but I guess I went balls to the wall on mine. I recently stiffed them in the Taurus I bought to replace the expy either while it's down or while I part it out.
rhKRWWV.jpg

Tcm glx

Reaction score
Well little update, Morimoto released the latest version of the MH1, so my headlights are up for sale. Doing another retrofit, going to try the new MH1 7.0.

If anyone is interested, I'll be selling my existing setup for 300.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Better internals is the biggest difference, wider high beam, etc.

Let me know how it goes and maybe get some pictures of the beam pattern. I am pretty satisfied with mine but if money allows I would like to put a set back in the expy if I get it running again. I removed them and put them in the Taurus while the engine in the espy is down with a failed headgasket