Quick question regarding 1st Gen expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Really like wedgewood blue also. Sharp with the Lightning wheels and levelling.

ShillyDilly

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really like how it turned out. There's a bunch of rust in the usual places to take care of (rockers/rear fender wells) but for a 2000 in the Mid-Atlantic region, it isn't too bad. After tax time all the champagne/gold trim is gonna be gunmetal like the wheels.

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is how mine ended up.

Took running boards off, they are death traps in my climate, nearly blew my knee out twice on them.
2.5" in rear
Maxed torsion bars in front, got maybe .5-.75"
Swapped to F150 16" rim and 235/85R16's (For now)

Sitting a bit low as the back has something like 11 Jerry cans in the back.

Need to get it up higher...

Edit: also in the process of eliminating all the old man tan.

IMG_20170105_105109.jpg

Last edited:

ShillyDilly

Reaction score
Looks like you got a decent amount of lift. I hate the old man tan too lol I was contemplating taking my running boards off too but until I find something to replace them with they're staying. Did you have any issue with the angle of your front axles changing? Mine makes some noise going backwards with the wheel cut a decent amount either way. Still can't believe I waited so long to lift my truck...just waiting for some significant snow to try out the tires.

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Uh, nothing substantial with how little the Eddie Bauer torsion bars let me lift them. If anything they corrected my camber issue I had they were ever so slightly /--\ before I turned the keys. I do have a weird pull when I do harder turns a hair faster than I probably should but I tend to blame the electronic steering assist over doing it.

Have got to come up with a switch to disable it, especially when towing.

In regard to your steering, did you align yours after the lift? It will go out after a level.

Last edited:

ShillyDilly

Reaction score
I just had it aligned and the idler arm was bad. Well, the ball joint on it was at least so that's where that knocking was coming from. Rides like a dream now though. I don't know if I even have the steering assist you're talking about on mine. It has the tow package but not sure if that is included in that.