Quick question regarding 1st Gen expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShillyDilly

Reaction score
So I won't get the 3 inches of lift I was expecting with the torsion keys? That sucks. Long as I get 2 1/2 I'll be alright. Going with the longer travel Rancho Rs5000's to beef things up a bit

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have aftermarket keys you will get more. I got maybe 3/4" maxing the stock keys out.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if XLT torsion bars are stiffer, what about XLT coil springs vs the coil springs in my EB?

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never seen any data on that, but it wouldn't surprise me. Can't begin to guess the history of my truck, but the coils are soft, annoyingly so. When it comes time I'll get some nice ones made at a local shop.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I helped a guy install Z71 springs on his non-Z71 Suburban. It got me thinking that those could be an option. But i can't get the math to work out with the spring stiffness and compressed height.

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read somewhere someone pulled some front super duty coils out of a junk yard truck for cheap and used them and got a firmer ride and like 2" lift.

Again just a forum post on passing so no details on what model/if any modifications were done.

I find the expedition in general seems to be lacking in details from people's modifications.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll head to the junkyard soon and get some measurements from different springs. Long shot, but spending time in a junkyard is always fun.

ShillyDilly

Reaction score
Well, finally got the leveling kit installed. Definitely happy with the results. Had to trim the underside of the front bumper a bit for the tires to clear but the 33's fit nicely. Rear only looks like it's squatting due to my stock wheels and tires being in the cargo area. Took around 6 hours to do everything.

PicsArt_12-31-10.20.03.jpg

OP
OP
SnuffThePunkz

SnuffThePunkz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good man, mine was much less dramatic with only the 2.5 in the back and soft torsion bars.