Radiator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltramon45

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Expedition and about to replace the radiator. I have the old one all loose except I can''t get the transmission lines to come off the threaded adapters. I have tried several disconnect tools without success. Any ideas?
Here is picture of the line. tranny line.jpg

B

bedrck46

you need this tool to remove the trans lines
Disconnect Tool, Transmission Cooler Line
307-441

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

ltramon45

Reaction score
tool

Autozone and Advance Auto Parts does not have it. Any suggestions on were to buy it?

B

bedrck46

maybe napa or ford have never had the need for that tool yet

OP
OP
L

ltramon45

Reaction score
I cant seem to find any of this locally and its a simple thing. I have tried several tools without success. The people at Autozone think I am crazy and Advanced is telling me to unscrew it and void the warranty on the new one.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the people behind the counter at these "china" autopart chains are parts changers and can barely change a lightbulb.Don't listen to them, get the proper tools and do it correctly

OP
OP
L

ltramon45

Reaction score
any more ideas

I really dont want to mail order this tool or pay Snap On, Matco, others high price for one time use. Any other thoughts. Does any body have a good video or pics of actually removing the tube.

B

bedrck46

that's part of a problem when you do your own work and find you need a special tool for a one time use. Its either buy the tool or pay someone else to do the job. The tool isn't all that expensive and by having the tool you will do the job the way it was meant to be done.

Snap-on Item: LDT3812 $14.40 Not really a high price when you consider what your saving by doing the work yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

ltramon45

Reaction score
bedrck44 thanks that is helpful. I think when I am done I will be doing a You Tube video on it.